Zoa ID Please!

AlexDm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, anyone by any chance know what theses Zoas are ? I've been searching through the internet and been to over 20 sites and still can't find them ...

Thanks, here they are....
b68f560209cb871fae068f1e761f4fd6.png

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing people saying red hornets are slightly color blind or not realizing that that pic is taken without a filter or corrected white balance as that's a purplish light on those zoas, they're not red at all. Orange skirts wouldn't make red hornets anyway. There is literally no red in that pic on those zoas.

Here's a pic of my hornets. Red on the left and blue on the right. Those in that first pic are the blue hornets.

hornets.jpg

There are purple hornets too but they have a slightly different look then these type of hornets

purple hornets white.jpg

Either way those are hornets. If you got them congrats, if not they're very common and you'll never regret them.

Shalom

Lovemyreef2015

Reefing Mom!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing people saying red hornets are slightly color blind or not realizing that that pic is taken without a filter or corrected white balance as that's a purplish light on those zoas, they're not red at all. Orange skirts wouldn't make red hornets anyway. There is literally no red in that pic on those zoas.

Here's a pic of my hornets. Red on the left and blue on the right. Those in that first pic are the blue hornets.

hornets.jpg

There are purple hornets too but they have a slightly different look then these type of hornets

purple hornets white.jpg

Either way those are hornets. If you got them congrats, if not they're very common and you'll never regret them.

Shalom
They could be either. They are hornets regardless. Happy reefing!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the pics are definitely enhanced or filters used. The example pic I posted has no filters and lit with just 20k halides with no supplement lighting to try to get a true representation of red and blue hornets. No matter the color though, hornets are one of my favorites along with rastas.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the pics are definitely enhanced or filters used. The example pic I posted has no filters and lit with just 20k halides with no supplement lighting to try to get a true representation of red and blue hornets. No matter the color though, hornets are one of my favorites along with rastas.
The pics I posted are literally just blue lights with my white balance adjusted for the blue lights on a canon T3i. I think canon over saturates them with their color technology as the camera isn't really designed for actinics but only thing done in photoshop was cropping. I don't tone them down because they look the same with the naked eye in my tank. They glow..

I agree with hornets being a fave. Fruit loops are up there for me too.

seduction.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back