Zoa ID

Laker32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The seller calls these bumble bees, but they don't show p in any search as these?
image.jpg

OP
OP
Laker32

Laker32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either way, this frag is costing me 25$. Not sure if they are blue,black or purple, but I will see today.

OP
OP
Laker32

Laker32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked these up today and they are purple. They dont have the alternating skirts. Nice rock though.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the seller told you bumble bee i would say it is. Like someone stated hornets have alternating skirt. Very nice pick up for $25.

Neptunes Cove

rare collector corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm, the name Bumble-bee zoas was taken in 1996-97 for a zoa that has a yellow dot center/ black body/and yellow fringes
like this (35MM shot- before digital) (alien eye pattern thats yellow/ black yellow)

bumble-bee4.jpg
bumble-beezoas28.jpg

yellow/black/yellow+ bumble-bee, then the one with a black center /yellow ring was named YellowJackets zoas (way before the paly)
- yellowjacket were renamed by someone 3 years after it was already named in 2004 to LA Lakers zoas- but the OG name was YellowJackets
like these (from the 1st order of deepwater zoas in North America- 3 years earlier...)
YellowJacketZoas343.jpg

-this is what spawned the Hornet name- because of the similar ring pattern/ but different
there was another one- before the hornets/ when we referred to the inner ring as a "Robot-Eye" pattern
like in C3PO zoas (copper robot eye)that have gold green ring and skirt- called Artificial Intelligence (shown below-pic 2001ish)
-to follow the "robot-eye" theme... but it looks different (thicker fringes)anyhow bumble-bee would be incorrect/ unless theyve been renamed after 15+ years
-terrible when someone wants to keep renaming things that have an established name
-its like renaming all the old Corvettes "Mickeys" because I saw a guy named Mickey that had one....what????-EXACTLY...
aizoas2.jpg

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back