Zoa ID

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Any idea what this may be, it’s rather large like a Paly. It almost looks like a old school radioactive dragon eye but the center green has a pink ring around it. You can see the smaller zoa next to it on the same frag plug which is eagle eye/dragon eye sized. Idk if the small one is a Rasta but I think so.

CE6B0BAE-B79E-4033-8817-50A6917C705B.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

footgal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The super small ones on the upper left look like possible Rasta, better pic needed but they’re easy to ID on your own; very distinctive zoa. The rest of the plug is very interesting! I don’t see a pink ring, but if the frag in the back is rainbow infusions then pink doesn’t show up too well in your pics for some reason. It looks kind of like a frozen Hornet with a center that’s more green. That’s the closest thing I can think of :)

footgal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I also bought this frag, it was called Bloodmoon’s but I think they are Illuminati?
Definitely not a blood moon. Blood moons are red with a green center/mouth. Illuminati looks pretty close but I can’t really see the speckling in your pic. Illuminati are notorious for morphing so I wouldn’t be surprised if you do have Illuminati as long as there’s a ton of red speckling on a dark blue/black background :)

Lazys Coral House

footgal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I think the ones on the left were sold as Sunny D’a but I would have to check my TSA orders.
Sunny D also looks correct, your lighting makes photos appear a little funky. Maybe try editing your photos to try to get a truer color? A lot of people have to edit their pics to get true-to-life color

OP
jesspal

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
The super small ones on the upper left look like possible Rasta, better pic needed but they’re easy to ID on your own; very distinctive zoa. The rest of the plug is very interesting! I don’t see a pink ring, but if the frag in the back is rainbow infusions then pink doesn’t show up too well in your pics for some reason. It looks kind of like a frozen Hornet with a center that’s more green. That’s the closest thing I can think of :)
The pink is subtle but definitely there, I hope it colors up in a few days and is more noticeable. I’ll try and get a better photo.

OP
jesspal

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a cheap filter that I added, I have other colored lenses but if I start digging around and wake up my wife she will kill me lol.

Attachments

• 6EC8AE70-C19D-4A6E-AF5B-164113F3EC28.jpeg
    6EC8AE70-C19D-4A6E-AF5B-164113F3EC28.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 12

Stuartmercer

View Badges
Reaction score
Definitely not a blood moon. Blood moons are red with a green center/mouth. Illuminati looks pretty close but I can’t really see the speckling in your pic. Illuminati are notorious for morphing so I wouldn’t be surprised if you do have Illuminati as long as there’s a ton of red speckling on a dark blue/black background :)
could it be green apples?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

Do you have any special reefing upgrades or projects planned coming up?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 56 59.6%
  • NO

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Maybe (tell us)

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls