Zoa keeps getting knocked down by hermit crabs

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hermit crabs keep knocking down my zoa plug. How can I stop it? It is becoming unhappy and is closed most of the time now

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, there isn't unless I put it to the top. So I will try to cut it later and gently. There is a tiny feather duster on it, that I don't want to accidentally kill

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of your hermits. I removed all of mine for climbing up my branching monti and breaking off branches. Not one or two, up to a dozen. I would remove them and the next day they would be back with some of their friends. I got fed up so as I removed them they went back to my LFS. Just snails for me now.

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rid of your hermits. I removed all of mine for climbing up my branching monti and breaking off branches. Not one or two, up to a dozen. I would remove them and the next day they would be back with some of their friends. I got fed up so as I removed them they went back to my LFS. Just snails for me now.
Thinking of asking my neighbor if she wants them as a CUC. I bought 3 Astraea snails yesterday and they have cleaned more algae than my hermits have

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back