Zoa/Paly prop time line

  • Thread starter Thread starter follow3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

follow3

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2007
Messages
244
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampton, Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

Could some of the experts here give us beginners a step by step run down or description of the time involved in propogating Zoas and Palys.

For instance, assuming tank conditions, lighting and water parameters are perfect. How long does it take to propogate a colony of Zoas from a mother colony?

Thanks,
Steve
 
"assuming tank conditions"
I have had some zoas grow as fast as 10 polyps a month and others that do not put out more than 1 per month.I wish I knew the reason some grow faster than others.One thing I have been doing is not touching the faster growing polyps till I have to.I have had some that was growing fast till I fraged or relocated them and they stoped growing for a short time.
 
I do exactly what Randy said. If its growing fast I don't touch it. If its growing really slow I try everything I can to get it to grow. Changing flow. moving the frag up or down in the tank to get more or less light, spot feeding these are all things I try for slow growers.
 
I'd also add, every single morph I have grows at a different rate. I have some that can go from a single polyp to five polyps in a month, and others that go from single to two polyps in six months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new