Zoa predator?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Naiad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Messages
2,347
Reaction score
1,067
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could be capable of eating an entire zoa/paly in one night? The polyp was perfect yesterday then gone with no trace. Not even I am that good with a razor blade...
 
Well that explains it. There is just one in the tank right now. I knew he was suspect with his speckled pattern but I let him go just to give the guy a chance. Time to get him out before he splits.
 
Yeah I had two Asterina like that. I thought they were so cool I let them mow down my no name green zoanthids. It was a big colony, and Dino is what finally did the colony in, but before the Asterina would just munch away.
 
Unfortunately I will be starting my corals over from frags and with high end zoa frags only having 1 to 2 heads each I can't afford to lose them lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new