Zoa problem

calvinstevens04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been on my zoas for some time now. I'm not sure what it is. Does anybody have an idea?

IMG_1705.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Appears to be poriferan sponge or ball sponge.
you can expose it to air for a minute or two OR inject it with air or vinegar via syringe and it will shrink and wither away

OP
OP
C

calvinstevens04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be poriferan sponge or ball sponge.
you can expose it to air for a minute or two OR inject it with air or vinegar via syringe and it will shrink and wither away
How bad is it for the zoa is it if I wait to do it and could it spread in the tank? I just acclimated it to a new system that doesn’t have that kind of sponge but it does have pineapple sponges.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
How bad is it for the zoa is it if I wait to do it and could it spread in the tank? I just acclimated it to a new system that doesn’t have that kind of sponge but it does have pineapple sponges.
It is slow growing. Pineapple sponge short lived. It depends on silicates which generally leaches from Di resin. So does most sponge

OP
OP
C

calvinstevens04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is slow growing. Pineapple sponge short lived. It depends on silicates which generally leaches from Di resin. So does most sponge
Can the sponge on the Zoas spread into other parts of the tank? I am using this system to heal it as it wasn't doing well in the other tank. Should I expose it immediately?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back