What is this little guy?? I just bought him
6B6E446F-DBBC-4BBE-944B-DB5CF83FD611.jpeg

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough one! They look a lot like my inceptions but less yellow speckling. Here’s an awful picture
F33E88FB-CE93-4E34-AFF3-C9E424861D04.jpeg

Mine is more ‘glittery’ and yours are more of a dash pattern, but same color structure! They’re gonna be really cool!

Id say between Inception and a Golden Leopard :)

PS, is that just the pic or is the skirt on it chewed off? I can’t see the skirt in the front but it may just be a bad angle :)

OP
OP
T

Taya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tough one! They look a lot like my inceptions but less yellow speckling. Here’s an awful picture
F33E88FB-CE93-4E34-AFF3-C9E424861D04.jpeg

Mine is more ‘glittery’ and yours are more of a dash pattern, but same color structure! They’re gonna be really cool!

Id say between Inception and a Golden Leopard :)

PS, is that just the pic or is the skirt on it chewed off? I can’t see the skirt in the front but it may just be a bad angle :)
I can’t tell from the picture, I’m supposed to get it tomorrow or the day after so I guess we will see!

OP
OP
T

Taya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the seller
Hello, I sent you the correct zoanthid. Skirt was not missing, its probable that its just not fully opened up. As far as the colors, we did email back and fourth and I told you to look up the zoanthid on Google to see what it is supposed to look like to get a rough idea. Photography of corals is very difficult because of the phosphorescent properties a coral has under blue and uv colored lights. Unfortunately cameras are not designed for this task. They are only designed to work under sun light. This make Photography a bit difficult. We try to accurately represent the coral as best we can given those limitations. Please reach out tonus if u have any other questions, and once again we thank you for your buisness.

Come on now... The pattern of color isn't even the same! Definitely won't be returning to buy from this seller.

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the seller
Hello, I sent you the correct zoanthid. Skirt was not missing, its probable that its just not fully opened up. As far as the colors, we did email back and fourth and I told you to look up the zoanthid on Google to see what it is supposed to look like to get a rough idea. Photography of corals is very difficult because of the phosphorescent properties a coral has under blue and uv colored lights. Unfortunately cameras are not designed for this task. They are only designed to work under sun light. This make Photography a bit difficult. We try to accurately represent the coral as best we can given those limitations. Please reach out tonus if u have any other questions, and once again we thank you for your buisness.

Come on now... The pattern of color isn't even the same! Definitely won't be returning to buy from this seller.
They told you to google it, but didn’t tell you the name?

also, the camera thing is garbage. I have a $30 clip on phone lens and I get pictures like this on an iPhone 8. Saying that they can’t take proper photos is a flat out lie
03EFB304-9D68-4FE5-886D-FDDFBFBF43F9.jpeg
56D07C72-675C-4FF7-AB08-0425DCC86371.jpeg
BD2A51FF-B7A9-429D-8AF0-E639D68D8F43.jpeg

OP
OP
T

Taya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They told you to google it, but didn’t tell you the name?
They said to google high end illuminati... Which I think is such crap because the pattern and color was not that of an illuminati really at all. Its just like, if you cannot provide your buyers with photos that are representative of what you're selling, you gotta fix that fist ya know?

Renescence

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said to google high end illuminati... Which I think is such crap because the pattern and color was not that of an illuminati really at all. Its just like, if you cannot provide your buyers with photos that are representative of what you're selling, you gotta fix that fist ya know?
I have to agree. Their response was GARBAGE. The picture of the item your selling should accurately reflect what you are selling your customers. Definitely not gonna buy from them. I think they ripped you off, tbh.

Tyler Miceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens a lot to those who buy online. If a vendor doesnt post a pic of the coral under white and blue lightning dont trust it. Editing pictures is common, the excuse they gave you is total bs. Its 2020, they have cheap lenses for any camera to use while taking photos. Depending on the lights one has can easily alter the color of a coral as well. I have an amazing lfs (Absolutely Fish) by me luckily! I just like seeing what im buying in person, fool proof. Happy reefing everyone and hope you all have a wonderful holidays!

OP
OP
T

Taya

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your responses and help guys, this was my first time buying online and I am not quite impressed... Do you all have any online sellers you like? I have seen really good websites around

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back