Zoanthids order

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I placed a small order with zoanthids.com, and I thought I'd post how everything does. I am bringing the shipment home right now and without the zoas in the tank I'm extremely pleased so far. The order was naked agaves, Orion's Belt, utter Mary's, and tyree Armageddon 2. 1 polyp of each. Well I took a look at the containers, and they not only gave me multiples of everything except the Orion's Belt, but also 2 freebies! I'm so excited to put these in the tank!

OP
OP
Bjohn

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm on the train at the moment with them in the box on my lap, but the polyps are nice and big so I'm sure they will become my favourite!

OP
OP
Bjohn

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is in the tank. Naked agaves are open, as is one of the freebies, I think it's a temptress freebie. The Orion's Belt is semi open, but isn't looking too good, we will see. Another freebie was almost open until my hermit crab started bothering it. The utter Mary and the Armageddon are both closed for now. We will see how they look in the morning

OP
OP
Bjohn

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW the naked agaves look absolutely amazing! One freebie is definitely a temptress pe (1 polyp 2 babies), the other I think is blue rhino? The Armageddon and the utter mary haven't opened yet. Has anyone had any experiences with tyree armageddon 2? where did you put it?

OP
OP
Bjohn

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post some tomorrow. The utter Mary's are goners sadly. Never even opened. However the tyree armageddons opened today, but I believe they are bleached. The colours are not what I think they should be. The skirts are like a really light brown.

OP
OP
Bjohn

Bjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Orion's Belt and the tyree armageddons are also very small polyps, however I believe they will increase in size within a week or 2!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back