Zoas affected by high DKH?

Ramon Estevez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I’ve been testing my tank and the ALK has consistently been 11-12, PH 8.3, Nitrates around 2, Phosphates .04. I’ve started dosing VItamin C, for about a week now and I also treated with revive to make sure there were no pests. Yet the Zoas just look awful my LPS look great I’m not sure if the High ALK is just pushing there limits...

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed some of my zoas like nitrates around 5ppm while other don't need any. I have not noticed phosphates affecting to much either way. Vitamin C dosing did nothing for my retracted zoas/palys.

TheKubes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tank that accidentally got far too high of an alk level and the zoas would not open up until the alk was brought back down

OP
OP
Ramon Estevez

Ramon Estevez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that’s what I get for getting salt 2nd hand without knowing the brand...

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back