Zoas.and Hermit crabs

monarchckey88

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2025
Messages
62
Reaction score
21
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my first ever coral today, a zoa. I put it into quarantine after dipping it, and a few inverts immediately started crawling on it.

Are blue and red legged hermit crabs coral safe? I think they're just eating the leftover hair algae, but they're stepping on the actual Coral which doesn't seem good.

Any ideas?

PXL_20250722_203131233.MP.jpg PXL_20250722_224718992.MP.jpg
 
I just got my first ever coral today, a zoa. I put it into quarantine after dipping it, and a few inverts immediately started crawling on it.

Are blue and red legged hermit crabs coral safe? I think they're just eating the leftover hair algae, but they're stepping on the actual Coral which doesn't seem good.

Any ideas?

PXL_20250722_203131233.MP.jpg PXL_20250722_224718992.MP.jpg
Congratulations on your first coral!!!
I think all that delicious green stuff on the frag plug is what they are after. The zoas will just close and then reopen when the hermits move on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new