Zoas Between Acros

bobnicaragua

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2019
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
2,016
Location
Dallas, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a Jose Rainbow acropora frag with some zoanthids growing around it. I've heard of growing zoas between acros as a way of keeping the bases from touching and to add some pop and movement. Anyone do this?
 
Generally zoas won't irritate acros, so they can coexist. But I'd rather give the acro frag enough time to encrust to form a decent size base before allowing zoas to encroach on it.
 
That makes sense. I'll remove the zoas for now and consider them once my acros are more grown in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new