Zoas have been closed for around a week

weldrick208658

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2024
Messages
103
Reaction score
31
Location
quebec canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my other zoas are doing good, this frag was growing for a while then randomly closed and only a couple polyps opened since just wondering if anyone has any experience with this, thank you
IMG_8698.jpeg
 
Look like palys to me ? have you dipped them to check for pests ?
keep an eye on that bumble bee,see if it's bothering them ,looks like a white striped to me ,type of conch ?
 
Look like palys to me ? have you dipped them to check for pests ?
keep an eye on that bumble bee,see if it's bothering them ,looks like a white striped to me ,type of conch ?
Its a frag of zoas but there’s a little paly growing on it , I did dip the frag when I got it but now it’s grown onto the rock and yes that’s a bumble bee snail
 
Check for asterina starfish if you’ve seen them in your rank. Some go after zoas.
 
I see what looks like aiptasia irritating the polyp on the left side of the bottom right colony in your picture. I would check the other colonies for more aiptasia.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new