Zoas inverting

NemHost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know why zoas invert? Is it due to lighting, nutrients or pests? I’ve read differing and contradictory opinions on the matter.
IMG_0820.JPG
IMG_0821.JPG

FredsNJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow... haven't seen that yet. Mine close up often, and they say it's because I have super low nitrates. Not sure about your issue. Is their enough flow on them? Or too much?

OP
OP
N

NemHost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parameters are all wnl and stable
Calcium 420
Dkh 8.3
Magnesium 1380
Nitrate 5
Phosphate 0.02
Temp 77-78
Ph 8.2
Flow is low to moderate
I’ve seen it happen before and usually it’s a sign of impending doom for the affected polyp. I split this colony before for that reason. Here are some pics of some of the other blue hornets which were right next to this one but they are completely fine
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG

JonCollegeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newer polyps of Sunny D's do that too, not sure if it's related to their age or because they're getting less light. They seem fine though? Now I'm wondering too haha, because some have the same umbrella shape as yours.

IMG_1228.JPG

OP
OP
N

NemHost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newer polyps of Sunny D's do that too, not sure if it's related to their age or because they're getting less light. They seem fine though? Now I'm wondering too haha, because some have the same umbrella shape as yours.

IMG_1228.JPG

Yes, yours are definitely fine and I’ve seen what you have in many different colonies in different tanks. What I posted about is a more extreme version and where the entire colony seems to be affected.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 76 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.0%
Back