Zoas Killed my fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter wrgoff
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

wrgoff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
35
Location
Downingtown
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added 7 new Zoas (WorldWideCorals) to my 240 Gallon tank. In less than a week, all my fish died. Funny thing is all my invertebrates are fine. So are my anemones are fine as well.. Just all my fish are dead (2 Clowns, 1 Wrasse, 1 Tang, 6 damsels). I tested my water, all params look fine. Has anyone else seen this?
 
I recently added 7 new Zoas (WorldWideCorals) to my 240 Gallon tank. In less than a week, all my fish died. Funny thing is all my invertebrates are fine. So are my anemones are fine as well.. Just all my fish are dead (2 Clowns, 1 Wrasse, 1 Tang, 6 damsels). I tested my water, all params look fine. Has anyone else seen this?
I'm going to venture that no one has seen this, meaning zoas or palys being the cause of mass fish death. Especially in a tank with so much water volume.

Odds are you had a very fast acting disease rip through your fish population, and didn't notice until it was too late.
 
I have never heard of zoas killing fish before. Like Rjukan said, you probably had a disease that killed off your fish. Did your fish show any signs of stress, or have a change in appearance recently?
 
Did you dip the zoas by chance?
 
Its possible but highly unlikely that the zoas brought in a fish disease like velvet or something like that. I would not expect that from wwc at all. The zoas themselves didnt do it no matter how toxic they are or are not. How long have you had the fish and when was the last fish added?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 27.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new