zoas wont open

Iafrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all of my zoas are closed and have been for a week, nothing has change and all other corals are happy. they have been in the same spot for months and even the new ones i got recently that are on the frag rack are closed. i will post perimeters later today when i can test again but they have been stable for me.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until I see parameters not a whole lot I can suggest.
Did you dip the new ones before putting them into the tank? Any chance you introduced a pest, such as zoa spiders?
Any changes to flow or lighting?
Anything else new you've put into the tank?

OP
OP
Iafrate

Iafrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until I see parameters not a whole lot I can suggest.
Did you dip the new ones before putting them into the tank? Any chance you introduced a pest, such as zoa spiders?
Any changes to flow or lighting?
Anything else new you've put into the tank?
Everything was dipped, flow and lighting are the same, nothing new, they aren’t dying they just won’t open. My Eagle Eyes will open partly but just one or two of them

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time mine have done that is when nutrients bottomed out. I'd also suggest throwing in some activated carbon just in case any type of contaminant was introduced.

OP
OP
Iafrate

Iafrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time mine have done that is when nutrients bottomed out. I'd also suggest throwing in some activated carbon just in case any type of contaminant was introduced.
I did throw in carbon today and over the weekend nitrates were 25 which is normal for me

OP
OP
Iafrate

Iafrate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after finding my po4 was expired but that wasn't the issue, i tried turning my lights down and they started to open for the most they having in past week, why would they all of sudden be having too much light

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after finding my po4 was expired but that wasn't the issue, i tried turning my lights down and they started to open for the most they having in past week, why would they all of sudden be having too much light
It might not necessarily be too much light. They may be stressed over something else, and the reduced light helped lessen their overall stress level.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back