ZON - NEW SPS PROJECT START - THE LOG-

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by ZON, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ZON

ZON Member

Hello reefers from the world, i would like to post here my new project tank.

Last time i had good results with it but when it was full of corals i decide to stop it and restart from zero with new system

this was my old one.Maybe someone seen on Facebook ,my name is Alvaro.

[​IMG]

So now i kept my starphire glass tank with those sizes : 140 x 80 x 65h cm (55''x 32''x 25.5'') and old cabinet and i change all technical equipments , rocks, and i believe to got ready to made big jump from my loved t5 to LEDs.
    I will keep nutrients system maintenance from Fauna Marin : the zeolight system
    I decide to change my old calcium reactor to switch to balling and i choose : FM balling Light.

Here the tank :

IMG_0791.JPG

I order from Ultrareef my custom sump , with ATO and AWC tank apart on the right,direct connected to RODI Plant , on the left size we have Balling canisters and the "beast" Ultrareef typhoon 250 skimmers , that can manage up to 2000 lt tank. (this skimmer and some other equipment are test ,one-made or custom and not for sale) . Return pump is my old Deltec E-flow10 ,24V that push very good with few watt of consumption.

IMG_0784.JPG

here also a Fluidized bed filter for some PO4 adsorbers if i need and for FM BAKTO REEF BALLS since start.

IMG_0785.JPG
    Details of Typhoon 250 skimmer with SICCE PSK 4000 PUMP..i test it and blow around 2200 lt/h real air into chamber!! Awesome.

IMG_0920.JPG
    Another key of success.. FM ZEOMATIC 2 zeolith filter.. it's the first time for me..i had ever used manual filter..but this is perfect for total automation(that we talk later)

I choose for rockscaping , the tonga Dry rock branches.. i order around 60 Kgs.. and wait some weeks to have like i wanted ..but it worth the money!
    IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

And in a weekend, with the super glue from FM ultra reef fix i rockscape my tank..(it's easy because all rocks are dried and dead..but i use also with no problem over Live ones.

this is final result :
    IMG_0931.JPG
    and a top view

IMG_0930.JPG

After with lights, on i post a better pics..

So tank and sump is ready , rocks are installed..the light???
    I was very attracted from GHL profilux system and sold my old aquatronica to have this one..but when i'm reading about on their site i noticed that are coming out with some new lamps..so i take other information about..and finally i decide to do :

I choose GHL mitras LX7206 (4x)
    IMG_1035.JPG

i order also from a custom producer an acrylic support specially designed for those fixtures..but i not resist to test some so i put same day i receive 2 fixtures over my tank

IMG_1053.JPG

this picture is 100% full power all 9 channels..light is very very intense and my iphone have problem to made a decent shoot , spread is incredible and my 80 cm wide are full covered by only 1 fixture (like i position it vertical) and zero disco ball effect or color shining..they remember me a old 400W MH and if you set all channel to 100% color is like a 14500 Giesemann..i like it.. instead t5 are totally different.
    So i wait some other days and receive finally my support but the wrong the colour :mad: i order clear glass and they do white..i will change in future..
    i position my mitras over it and this is result.
    IMG_1075.JPG
    a side shot :

IMG_1078.JPG

as you can see light is impressive and now i setup them to 50% to more bluish colors..i hate yellow titn of white leds or red ..but they have 9 channels so combinations are infinite..

For now is all..i'm waiting the new Profilux 4 (maybe end of this week i'll have in my hands ) so i can made all connections and start my project.. i put my doser2.1 Slave in place but need to wait controller to comand.
    IMG_1036.JPG

Happy reefing and we will continue soon.. :cool:

Jason mack likes this.
    Tags:

2. zachxlutz

zachxlutz 120 Gallons of FUN R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Very nice! Looking forward to watching your tank progress!

3. Bao

Bao Member

Beautiful setup and rockwork.

4. ZON

ZON Member

an update

i finally have all my GHL stuff and begin to install all under my tank ,to control and manage.

So i take a ikea cabinet that i transform into ma NUCLEAR POWER PLANT! here we go.

[​IMG]

2 GHL powerbars 5.1 , vortech controller, touch controller 4 mitras LX / power supply all in same place..and miles of cables all around.

[​IMG]

I try to find a decent look and hide all wires possible i can..

[​IMG]

After i install all level sensors, and probes.

[​IMG]

and finally can start also to place all balling station..doser 2.1 Slave and hoses..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

after all ..i can install profilux 4..the touch screen and power on it

[​IMG]

..yesterday i put first 10/12 frags of corals (montiporas) to test tank and calibrate light over them...soon i will post first pics of my tank..

enjoy.

5. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Oooh very cool and following!

6. ZON

ZON Member

some frags inside...

[​IMG]

7. Jason mack

Jason mack Monti madness R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Wow cool build , Will def follow!!!

8. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

How's this tank doing, @ZON?

9. ZON

ZON Member

I will put some pics .. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Wrangy likes this.
  10. Wrangy

Wrangy Active Member

Groovy as mate!! Great to see the tank is still doing so well :D

11. DSC reef

DSC reef Coral wasted R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Brautiful tank! Looking forward to updates

Lovemyreef2015 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted