Zoster Butterfly

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a trio ..... man have they been a pain. Week or so into QT and one went very pale before breaking out with what appeared to be velvet. I have proper CP on hand so that took care of the velvet. Then they developed what I assumed to be some kind of secondary bacterial infection. Used Cipro/Fish flox. Was touch and go for a while, but they pulled through. Then they decided that none of the myriad foods I offer were acceptable. Only this weekend have they started eating again. MAN .....

This has been my first time keeping them so maybe just bad luck. My pyramids were never this hard. Anyone with experiences similar?

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding?

Try a myriad of live foods, bloodworms, brine shrimp, rotifers, whatever you can get locally.

If all the meds are gone from the qt could also try a piece of live rock from the dt for them to forage off algae or micros.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a dang good job getting them through not one but two major crises! Well done.

You would think they would be very similar to pyramids in care but I never had that much issue with my pyramids once I got healthy ones with no mouth issues.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure it is ..... they're either genetically weak or doing it to me on purpose ....

IMG_1348.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back