Best LED

The new fish on the block

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I'm looking for some LEDs that are capable of supporting some SPS and maybe an anemone and fit a Biocube 29 but are under $200 Thanks and Happy Reefing

FLipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bio cube id go w the reefbrite. id add t5's w the led strip.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sure opens up a lot of options then! If you are building a canopy I would go with reefbreeders value fixture. Or perhaps an ocean revive, I would like to try those but I can only speak to the value fixtures from personal experience. They are the lights used in my signature links.

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's tough to get anything fit inside the biocube canopy. there are many great leds out theresuch as Radion, AI, Pac Sun,...etc but those great LED fixtures do not fit well inside the biocube canopy. your best bet would be some DIY or custom...

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's tough to get anything fit inside the biocube canopy. there are many great leds out theresuch as Radion, AI, Pac Sun,...etc but those great LED fixtures do not fit well inside the biocube canopy. your best bet would be some DIY or custom...

I thought the OP was planning on not using the stock hood but building a canopy? I might have misunderstood though.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I'm looking for some LEDs that are capable of supporting some SPS and maybe an anemone and fit a Biocube 29 but are under $200 Thanks and Happy Reefing

You will need 20-30 Cree XT-E or and XP-E2 equivalent LEDs for an anemone on the sand bed and SPS.

Given quality Binned LEDs are around $3-4 each I doubt you can find a decent factory fixture at that price.

DIY with complete dimmability will be over your budget.

If you going to spend $50-100 on a decent Anemone or Acan Colony why not spend a little extra for a decent light with a proven spectrum.

Bill

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back