OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing! Did you upgrade your lighting with the new tank? If so, how do you like the new lights?
I still use the same Radions, I just added 1 more (previously on my frag tank)

Can you share your Radion graph with me?
Once I manage to fix my schedule I can share it. I'm not sure if my new schedule is good or not haha.

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overhead shot
NuZw9u2.jpg

These cloves are growing like crazy
SyXyOtr.jpg

Frogspawn and Hammer. I shouldn't have sold my golden torch!
jN6Arsr.jpg

I am running out of rock for these Bambams. They grow really fast. They started around 4 polyps when first introduced to the rock.
pxBwFcu.jpg

Bambams side by side. The one on the right was exposed to brighter lights than the one on the left
81s7Nq5.jpg

I have no idea what these mushrooms are. There were a few of these hitchhikers a couple of months ago but now it seems they have covered the rock
7rNm5Cg.jpg

Chalice that somehow survived the move. It was already half skeleton when I moved it.
LP636CY.jpg

This one turned dark red, it used to be orange.
3JVRwBp.jpg

Sunflower zoas. I have about 6 mini colonies of these zoas and they all are slightly different. This one is darker colored compared to the others that are in stronger lighting.
m8pMOyT.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I...think...I..am....in...love!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone.

It's been a long time since my last update.
Reason for that is we moved residences, which has been very very time consuming for me.

I upgraded to a bigger tank - 125gallons.

Next year I will upgrade tanks again since I will be moving to my permanent home.

Here are some updates for the mean time, rockscape is not yet final and substrate has not been added (not yet decided if I am to go BB or not).

I sold most of the valuable livestock that I had before the move to ensure I don't come across painful casualties :) However, I seem to have lost some of the zoas that I have had before. Not really sure if I misplaced them or I left them in the old tank.. but I am missing some of my favorite zoas - fruit loops, lakers, candy apples, etc. :(

The tank is made by a local guy - Design & Reef Aquariums.
Ip6319o.jpg

Sump
jZJXESy.jpg

Dawn setting.
o7sYh6x.jpg

PWI4fwm.jpg

For the first time ever, I finally got to use EcoSmartLive.
This is the color of the "Coral Radiance" setting.
9ijeZdP.jpg

Since the rocks are new, I am waiting for these newly glued zoas to spread over the rock.
bXExRbp.jpg

Some old rocks.
MrLHyyU.jpg

The setup is not yet complete, still a long way to go actually. The doser is not yet connected and there will be an interconnected frag tank just beside the tank.

WOW just WOW!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413461979.733174.jpg

What kind of chalice is this. SO MANNNY COLORS.

Hi Reloaddevil,
I have no idea what the name is. It is a local wildcaught chalice given by a friend which has just morphed.

It's actually in pretty bad condition at the moment. I will try to post a top down shot of it.
It was severely damaged during the move - half of the flesh was missing and it was mostly brown just 2 weeks ago. It is starting to heal up and I am hoping it becomes whole again

Thanks for the nice comments!

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow simply beautiful! incredible upgrade and the tank looks phenominal. would you mind sharing pics of your sump now that it is running?

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for an update!

Since it is the holidays, I am able to take new photos of the tank. I really need a Macro lens though - I am really jealous of the many talented photographers here in R2R. I have been using an APS-C lens (24mm) on my Full Frame A7 for the past year. Whenever the E-mount macro lens releases, I will get one! Seems like a good investment.

Fishdoo, here's a pic of the sump. It is not clean! Hahaha!
The extra pipe is for the frag tank. It hasn't been painted yet.
mLegJAp.jpg

Here's the tank and the connected frag tank for zoas. Tank is not yet complete as there are still some missing pipes/paint/acrylic covers
eJGwuc6.jpg

This is where the drivers of the Radions are placed. The cabinet gets too hot when they're inside. Will need to clean up and fix the clutter soon.
HvBOwIN.jpg

Here's an FTS. I am allotting the space on the back left part for SPS. Rockscape undecided yet but so far this is how it looks like.
UgPEF6N.jpg

Side view
4nXTn70.jpg

Coralline starting to show up on the bottom part of the tank. Looks really messy and is probably eating up a lot of Calcium! :cry:
uqJfpnC.jpg

Coral pictures:

For some reason, the corals are looking extra angry tonight.
This cynarina shocked me when it inflated this big! It's about 7", where it usually is just 4" or so.
bvjEM4a.jpg

Fitting for Halloween?
spQejMA.jpg

Brain
CuMWrd1.jpg

As promised, here is a picture of the chalice stated before. You can still see the damaged parts from when it was half dead (and half white).
Vxy8eB4.jpg

The other chalice. I am still irritated it changed from orange to red.
BsBkcd7.jpg

These cloves are starting to crawl on the floor and walls.
KztBNep.jpg

Plate is loving its location
hmRsK1k.jpg

Acan
2kP1ek0.jpg

Hammers and Frogspawn. I regret selling my Golden Torch. Would've looked perfect in here.
Zkq1ocx.jpg

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part 2

Some red zoas
2gi2tZd.jpg

LXxOAZq.jpg

tNOL0zJ.jpg

Some green and brown zoas. These are just recovering. Found them under the rockscape a week ago!
33ODCDp.jpg

Some pink and green zoas
iPiBiJQ.jpg

Some red and green zoas
JML6LoY.jpg

Some red and brown zoas
N5HY0j8.jpg

Some green, blue and orange zoas
dSZJTEK.jpg

Some brown, white and green zoas
68QrfZJ.jpg

More zoas
llzIKIo.jpg

More zoas still
9jM4b69.jpg

Still more zoas
uZGH8kv.jpg

...More
1Smkkm8.jpg

ck4tv3r.jpg

They might be common and cheap but they're still my favorite combo. The contrast of colors is just soothing for me.<br>Reminds me of when I was a kid and was always buying Nerds candy.
iuflAI5.jpg

A wild caught zoa polyp. Most of my colonies started from small frags such as this.
e4lc9zL.jpg

This is the top rock of zoas. There's a little bit of difference from when I posted 20 days ago.
ohguuZT.jpg

This sunflower zoas on the right has some ridiculously long skirts. I have sunflowers all over the tank and only this one has very long skirts. Does anyone know why? Is it the flow?
82Z3xUr.jpg

In the next few weeks, I will be getting back some of the corals and zoas that I have let other people take care for safekeeping while I was moving residence/tanks. hopefully they're still okay!

Anyway, that's all for now. Will update next time when there's anything worthwhile to take pictures of. I really need a Macro lens. Couldn't take photos of my othier corals which are at the back. Next time, I will post pictures of the few SPS I have.

Thank you for looking!

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try taking videos soon.
Problem is I do not know how haha.

But I will try.

Thanks!

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome update, pics, and system. looks great! whats the media in the sump chamber between the skimmer and return pump? denitrator? also I see you are not using biopellets anymore, how come?

Last edited:

Reloadeddevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414798784.781422.jpg

Keep falling for that chalice. You and me need to talk your light combo and schedule. Because it WORKS!!!! Great pics and update.

OP
OP
jourdy

jourdy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome update, pics, and system. looks great! whats the media in the sump chamber between the skimmer and return pump? denitrator? also I see you are not using biopellets anymore, how come?

Thanks!

Once I get a Macro lens, I would finally be able to take pics of the corals at the back. LOL my mind is already made up.

The biopellet reactor is still there, it's right behind the skimmer.
It has a very small footprint which is why it is hidden.

The media in there are Seachem products. I have in there Matrix, Renew, Seagel, and Purigen. I just put them 3 weeks ago, and I also started dosing Fuel. I decided, this time I would try dosing and filter media since I have no substrate and the tank is quite new still. On my last tank I only had BioPellets, so I actually don't know how long these will last haha.

The problem living here in the PH is.. we don't have access to reef products like Europe, US, and even Singapore. We have very very limited options and I am thankful that&nbsp;Seachem just recently started selling products here. It has been god send.

Back