Can we see some pictures from you guys who are attending RAP ORLANDO??

Aquariums Of Miami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0084.jpg
DSC_0083.jpg
DSC_0082.jpg
DSC_0081.jpg
DSC_0080.jpg

Aquariums Of Miami

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy the photos guys , it was a great event with many great vendors out there . Will be posting a video soon of a walk around

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoyed being at the event. It was great seeing you guys but wish I could have spent more time walking the show. The raffle was epic! That was the first tim I ever wanted to own a selfie stick becasue that crowd was amazing!

Coraloliseffect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I hope they do is stop the people running the raffle and their family's from being in the raffle. It was rigged big time.

You have to pay to play. One guy volunteering in the event I know dropped $350 in tickets.
( they are mainly reefers in a local club volunteering there time so the club gets a donation to run the club. )

Last edited:

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I hope they do is stop the people running the raffle and their family's from being in the raffle. It was rigged big time.

Hasn't this been quoted by just everyone who loss, in the history of raffles?

Pat Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you have to pay to play but it looks bad when the people running the event win a lot of the prizes. They know what boxes are being pick the most. That's why the lottery people don't allow their workers or their family to play it looks bad. I was sitting right behind the group that won a lot of the prizes they weren't even shocked they won and the women who won the tank kinda looked like she knew that she already won. Only played 5 bucks wasn't expecting to win. So this isn't me crying that I didn't win. But what happened looked shady to me.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That raffle could not have been more fair. Fist off I was running the raffle and I'm not even a local. Did I win anything? The guys with the orange shirts were brought in from the local club to speed up the process. Before the weekend I had never met anyone who helped with the raffle. Those guys were volunteers from the local club. Not paid employees. They were hobbyist! They bought their tickets and deserved the win. Realistically it was only the one guy and to top it off although he won lots of prizes, none of the big prizes were won by him.

Pat for you to cliam that the girl who won that tank knew before that she was gonna win is abosolutely false. You tell me, if you drove to the show in a Geo Metro all the way from Alabama and won that tank. The only thing that woyuld have gone through my mind was..... What am i gonna do with this now. That poor girl ended up having to send her mom to rush out to rent a uhaul box truck spending nearly $600 for a one way truck back to Alabama.

If it will make you feel better, I personally will allow you to pull the grand prize tickets at next years raffle. If you don't pick yourself will you still claim it's rigged? #wakeup

Keep in mind you saying the raffle was rigged is a direct attack on my credibility. I have now run more than 10 Reefapalooza raffles, and still have yet to purchase a ticket, much less take home a single prize!

Last edited:

Pat Clark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people volunteer for the shows and I thank them for it. I'm new to salt water tanks and I realized it's a tight community. But what I saw at the raffle made a lot of people upset because a lot of the same people won and those people worked at the show it does not look good. This is the first show I have ever been to and I will be back. But when stuff like that happens it turns a lot of people off and they might not come back. Just saying you should rethink your policy of allowing people who volunteer to help at the raffle play or geez tell them to take their tags off so they look like on of the people who paid to get in. Liked said I will be back won't do the raffle unless that changes but I only bought 5 dollars worth anyway and that is because my son asked me to. Your show your choice. I'll choose to spend my money on the venders.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You tell me, if you drove to the show in a Geo Metro all the way from Alabama and won that tank!

She probably was in shock when she won. Thinking how the h-ll am I going to get that home in a car that is smaller than the tank. From Alabama to Orlando, Florida in a Geo Metro. Glad she won something. It was a nice tank. I hope she enjoys it and comes to next show to help stock it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hey I was there front row of the raffle and nothing shady was going on. I hate that you didn't win but saying a raffle was rigged like this is uncalled for.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That raffle could not have been more fair. Fist off I was running the raffle and I'm not even a local. Did I win anything? The guys with the orange shirts were brought in from the local club to speed up the process. Before the weekend I had never met anyone who helped with the raffle. Those guys were volunteers from the local club. Not paid employees. They were hobbyist! They bought their tickets and deserved the win. Realistically it was only the one guy and to top it off although he won lots of prizes, none of the big prizes were won by him.

Pat for you to cliam that the girl who won that tank knew before that she was gonna win is abosolutely false. You tell me, if you drove to the show in a Geo Metro all the way from Alabama and won that tank. The only thing that woyuld have gone through my mind was..... What am i gonna do with this now. That poor girl ended up having to send her mom to rush out to rent a uhaul box truck spending nearly $600 for a one way truck back to Alabama.

If it will make you feel better, I personally will allow you to pull the grand prize tickets at next years raffle. If you don't pick yourself will you still claim it's rigged? #wakeup

Keep in mind you saying the raffle was rigged is a direct attack on my credibility. I have now run more than 10 Reefapalooza raffles, and still have yet to purchase a ticket, much less take home a single prize!

Greg you have nothing to prove. I was there and it was legit. The only beef I have is that I didn't win anything....BOO HOO! HA!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know people volunteer for the shows and I thank them for it. I'm new to salt water tanks and I realized it's a tight community. But what I saw at the raffle made a lot of people upset because a lot of the same people won and those people worked at the show it does not look good. This is the first show I have ever been to and I will be back. But when stuff like that happens it turns a lot of people off and they might not come back. Just saying you should rethink your policy of allowing people who volunteer to help at the raffle play or geez tell them to take their tags off so they look like on of the people who paid to get in. Liked said I will be back won't do the raffle unless that changes but I only bought 5 dollars worth anyway and that is because my son asked me to. Your show your choice. I'll choose to spend my money on the venders.

I personally did not see a lot of the volunteers win. I can;t even recall one time a volunteer won. I am sure someone did but if they did it was not as often as you are making it out to be. Welcome to R2R but we don't make claims about our reefing friends that we can't back up with facts. I am glad you enjoyed the show and I hope to see you at a future event.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back