• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: RARE HUGE BLUE GIGAS CLAM in VA

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to have to do this but I have no other options so up for sale is my centerpiece Blue Gigas clam...Size is roughly 24x16x14 closed and roughly 24x24x14 fully opened! Asking $3000

I don't have time to get on here much, such as life so if you are a serious potential buyer then pm me because more than likely you will not get a response if you post questions in this thread.

Der ABT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this bad boy about 2 weeks ago.....very nicely colored and in good health...colors are a little better in person....I believe it's in a 30 in wide tank and when that bad boy opens it is just beautiful

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, How old is it? how long have you has the clamp?

ProjectAnemone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donate him to the local aquarium

That would be the National Zoo in DC - but, due to budget cuts........ They closed the whole invert house last year!

The clam is housed in Billy's restaurant tank.

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, How old is it? how long have you has the clamp?

I had one similar that was 20" long when I sold it close to 4 years ago. Got mines from Clams Direct 4 years before that when it was 8" long. Guessing it over 10 years old by now. GLWS!

MHG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The long island aquarium just picked one up from a local guy. Was like 80 pounds... I am sure if it is a matter of saving this thing that some aquarium would make the trip to come get it..

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, from 8" to 20" in four years. that is real fast. did you feed him anything?

I had one similar that was 20" long when I sold it close to 4 years ago. Got mines from Clams Direct 4 years before that when it was 8" long. Guessing it over 10 years old by now. GLWS!

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, from 8" to 20" in four years. that is real fast. did you feed him anything?

Nothing other than what was feed to the fish in the tank. Primary used three 400 watt 10,000K Ushio bulbs and two 140 watt VHO Actinic 03 bulbs when I had the clam in my 270 gallon tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back