• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: RARE HUGE BLUE GIGAS CLAM in VA

Troy V

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a beautiful Gigas!! I know how hard it must be to give it up. I would never give mine up.

SeaWorld San Antonio acquired their
Gigas from a local hobbyest. They are currently redesigning their Reef display tank, and rumor has it they lost that 36+" Gigas they had. They might be in the market for another. (Not 100% sure on the death but someone at the park told me) They had the last clam for over a decade, and it was 24" when they got it.

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a beautiful Gigas!! I know how hard it must be to give it up. I would never give mine up.

SeaWorld San Antonio acquired their
Gigas from a local hobbyest. They are currently redesigning their Reef display tank, and rumor has it they lost that 36+" Gigas they had. They might be in the market for another. (Not 100% sure on the death but someone at the park told me) They had the last clam for over a decade, and it was 24" when they got it.

hmmm, thanks Troy! I may give them a holler....

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, this clam needs to be in the public aquarium so more people can see it.

tcmfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll ask again, but would you donate it to the Omaha Zoo if we picked it up? You can view our biggest reef tank by going to the link in my signature.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll ask again, but would you donate it to the Omaha Zoo if we picked it up? You can view our biggest reef tank by going to the link in my signature.

Start a fundraiser here? If possible.

Get a buck or two from everyone here that can or willing to / maybe a raffle at your aquarium????

I donate to our aquariums in NY for research and education.

This is a beautiful clam.

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Get a buck or two from everyone here that can or willing to / maybe a raffle at your aquarium????

Like this idea

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to but I need the money right now!

OP
OP
ddiver

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you guys can raise $2500 I will personally make sure this clam gets to whichever aquarium of your choosing, must be on the east coast though!

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

start a GoFundMe campaign and have the aquarium donors/visitors/locals make it happen. heck you would probably get some support from the R2R crowd as well. just something to thing about..

Mkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out when he squirts! probably a gallon of water in your face! LOL

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back