☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out - Bonsai Humilis Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT: Being the genius I am I mixed up my shipment frags and this is not Bonsai Humilis but a Lingonberry Vinegar :face-with-hand-over-mouth: confirmed by Adam in this thread yesterday. New photo submitted below so this post can be deleted if needed. Apologies to @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102 for the inconvenience.

My zero image.
Bonsai Humilis Day 1
Bonzai Humilis zero .jpg

@StatelineReefer
@BranchingHammer
@Reefing102

Last edited:

zbryant91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm jealous of your pH
It’s been a chore haha. Calcium reactor makes this a little more complicated. Giant co2 scrubber and opening windows every chance I get and as much kalkwasser as I can dose. Hoping to put in a whole home air exchanger next spring

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Month 1 update! 4mm of growth in 3 weeks (25mm Day 0 to 29mm), this is definitely the best performing (and happiest) coral of the 3 for me so far. ICP test, apex stats, and FTS attached for anyone curious on my tank stats and frag placement.

Note there's a lot of messed up stuff on the ICP test (Fe and Al especially), and I'm chasing down the culprits. I'm 3 weeks into the Reef Moonshiner's method (just daily dosers so far), and all the correction elements show up tomorrow and I'm excited for that! No vitamins or reef mud yet, I'll probably order those in a month.

I've got my Radion G6 XR15 Blues on full performance of WWC's SPS 1500G tank, and the G6 XR30 Blue in the center is on a 60-day acclimation ramp up to an end goal of ~500 par in the center of the tank @ 12" depth.

I'm still trying to see which of the contest frags like what kind of light in my tank, and I've got some center-aisle spots reserved for them for final placement once I figure out what they like.

I've included a zoomed in shot for fun, and also to really see the flesh, polyp, and coralite health each month.
Month 1 Bonsai Humilis.png

Month 1 Bonsai Humilis zoom.png

Day one for the Bansai!

I attached my most recent ICP and a screenshot of my Apex parameters, no fake numbers here =)

* I started Moonshiners two days ago and have begun correcting some of the parameters from the ICP test (K, Fe, Al). I'm also doing the standard daily dosing, but no mud or vitamins yet.

* I'm also dosing:
** 30ml of Acro Power per day
** 8L of Kalk
** currently 43mL of All for Reef (I'll probably end up reducing this as I get more into Moonshiners).

* PE on my established millis is 4-5mm with the BC ruler, so it seems to be working for me.
20231025 Day1 Bonsai Humilis.png
IMG_9671.jpg IMG_9699.jpg Month 1 FTS.png

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 65 31.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%

Back