☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out - Bonsai Humilis Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a heads up, we appear to be missing a few 0 day pics. My understanding is with the exception of a couiple, most of the rest have been shipped. Please be sure to get your 0 days in if you have not already.

Also do not forget your November pics are due by the end of the month, even if the frag was received in November

Kyan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as a heads up, we appear to be missing a few 0 day pics. My understanding is with the exception of a couiple, most of the rest have been shipped. Please be sure to get your 0 days in if you have not already.

Also do not forget your November pics are due by the end of the month, even if the frag was received in November

Hi @Reefing102, I already sent my 0 day pic, it was post #8 on this thead.

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry been very busy with life so haven't had time to update. Hopefully im still allowed in the contest. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8914.png
    IMG_8914.png
    618 KB · Views: 48

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Month 1 update! 4mm of growth in 3 weeks (25mm Day 0 to 29mm), this is definitely the best performing (and happiest) coral of the 3 for me so far. ICP test, apex stats, and FTS attached for anyone curious on my tank stats and frag placement.

Note there's a lot of messed up stuff on the ICP test (Fe and Al especially), and I'm chasing down the culprits. I'm 3 weeks into the Reef Moonshiner's method (just daily dosers so far), and all the correction elements show up tomorrow and I'm excited for that! No vitamins or reef mud yet, I'll probably order those in a month.

I've got my Radion G6 XR15 Blues on full performance of WWC's SPS 1500G tank, and the G6 XR30 Blue in the center is on a 60-day acclimation ramp up to an end goal of ~500 par in the center of the tank @ 12" depth.

I'm still trying to see which of the contest frags like what kind of light in my tank, and I've got some center-aisle spots reserved for them for final placement once I figure out what they like.

I've included a zoomed in shot for fun, and also to really see the flesh, polyp, and coralite health each month.
Month 1 Bonsai Humilis.png

Month 1 Bonsai Humilis zoom.png

IMG_9671.jpg IMG_9699.jpg Month 1 FTS.png
Nice pics what camera are you using? I need to get a close up of my bonsai

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice pics what camera are you using? I need to get a close up of my bonsai
Thanks! Believe it or not, these are taken my iPhone 13 mini, which does not have a built-in macro lens! I bought an aftermarket macro lens attachement (SANDMARC, $100 or so on their site), and also the Orphek lens attachment combo kit ($30-40 on Amazon) in a slightly larger diameter to fit the filters over the sandmarc lens. I use both the Orphek orange and yellow filters, and take the pictures with the ProCam app and manually set the white balance to 10,000 and use the .heic photo format. No other editing whatsoever (no cropping, saturation, contrast, sharpness, etc).

The major downside to both the Sandmarc macro lens and the Orphek macro lens is the focus distance- the Sandmarc will only focus out to about 2" from the lens (so only things on a frag rack); the Orphek will reach out to 6" or so. So if I want shots of the corals in the prime spots in my tank (down the center line), I have to find another solution.

oliverout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Believe it or not, these are taken my iPhone 13 mini, which does not have a built-in macro lens! I bought an aftermarket macro lens attachement (SANDMARC, $100 or so on their site), and also the Orphek lens attachment combo kit ($30-40 on Amazon) in a slightly larger diameter to fit the filters over the sandmarc lens. I use both the Orphek orange and yellow filters, and take the pictures with the ProCam app and manually set the white balance to 10,000 and use the .heic photo format. No other editing whatsoever (no cropping, saturation, contrast, sharpness, etc).

The major downside to both the Sandmarc macro lens and the Orphek macro lens is the focus distance- the Sandmarc will only focus out to about 2" from the lens (so only things on a frag rack); the Orphek will reach out to 6" or so. So if I want shots of the corals in the prime spots in my tank (down the center line), I have to find another solution.
The pictures look good! I've had a macro lens for my iphone 13 too and run into your same situation. heres a picture i actually just took. no editing just straight raw off my olympus tg6.

Attachments

• PB160001.JPG
    PB160001.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 34

oreolk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
november humilus.
my day 0 pics are my november pics. Thanks UPS snafu

Attachments

• huminov.jpg
    huminov.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 33

Sizzlingreef14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sorry I am late! Traffic was terrible! Day 0

Attachments

• IMG_3544.png
    IMG_3544.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3503.jpeg
    IMG_3503.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 29

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back