☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out - Bonsai Humilis Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 1, Guests: 1)

Jposch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@StatelineReefer
Humulis2.jpg

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Month 2 update. I've moved the frags to the spots that I thought they'd do best based on their reactions to the PAR while on the frag rack. So far, it looks like I put them in the correct spots :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The Bonzai is still doing the best of the 3 contest frags for me. Over the last month, it's grown maybe 1mm from 29mm to 30mm. However, the pic shows it's encrusting on the plug disk, and it's now mounted top center in my tank, directly under my G6 XR30 Blue @ ~300 PAR and a ton of flow.

For this month's ICP test, I've finally got all the Moonshiners chemicals in, plus mud and vitamins. I've also got the RO-DI filter upgrade to help remove the silicates- you can see a massive improvement from the quoted 1-month update post below. Not pictured but also helping out is a newly purchased and installed (after I had sent the ICP test off, unfortunately) Vecton Titan 850 UV in-line with my return pump.

Finally, I've got fish in the system after going fallow for 4 months after I lost all my previous fish to disease, so I'm happy to have some movement back in the tank!

Month 2 Bonzai.png

Month 2 FTS.png

@StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Month 1 update! 4mm of growth in 3 weeks (25mm Day 0 to 29mm), this is definitely the best performing (and happiest) coral of the 3 for me so far. ICP test, apex stats, and FTS attached for anyone curious on my tank stats and frag placement.

Note there's a lot of messed up stuff on the ICP test (Fe and Al especially), and I'm chasing down the culprits. I'm 3 weeks into the Reef Moonshiner's method (just daily dosers so far), and all the correction elements show up tomorrow and I'm excited for that! No vitamins or reef mud yet, I'll probably order those in a month.

I've got my Radion G6 XR15 Blues on full performance of WWC's SPS 1500G tank, and the G6 XR30 Blue in the center is on a 60-day acclimation ramp up to an end goal of ~500 par in the center of the tank @ 12" depth.

I'm still trying to see which of the contest frags like what kind of light in my tank, and I've got some center-aisle spots reserved for them for final placement once I figure out what they like.

I've included a zoomed in shot for fun, and also to really see the flesh, polyp, and coralite health each month.
Month 1 Bonsai Humilis.png

Month 1 Bonsai Humilis zoom.png

IMG_9671.jpg IMG_9699.jpg Month 1 FTS.png
IMG_9800.JPG IMG_9801.jpg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Day's left to get your submissions in

Everyone's frags are looking great!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
2 Day's left to get your submissions in

Everyone's frags are looking great!

Totally agree!! Looking good guys

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 142 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.4%
Back