☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Blue Ghost Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0618.gif

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Month 3 update. Blue Ghost v1 (my OG frag) has fully recovered and is loving life (great PE). The v2/replacement frag finally gave up the ghost, I accidentally knocked it off its mount, and it never recovered. The encroaching PC rainbow attacked the v1 so I moved it next to the v2 frag. I'm pleasantly surprised to see I was able to bring my v1 frag back from the brink. As you can see in the pic, most of my SPS are growing like crazy (compare to pic in quote below).

I switched the lenses on my Radions to the high intensity version, then dialed down their intensity to get back to the same par. So far, I'm liking them since mine are mounted ~12" off the water so the 120 degree angle on the stock lenses doesn't really help me.

For my water this month, I've finally switched to full Moonshiners and stopped all water changes. Everything's doing well so far. Next batch of fish arrives this week, so we'll see how that goes for nutrient export.

Month 3 Blue Ghost.png

20240128 FTS.png

@Reefing102 @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer

Month 2 update. I've moved the frags to the spots that I thought they'd do best based on their reactions to the PAR while on the frag rack. So far, it looks like I put them in the correct spots :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

My OG Blue Ghost (v1 pic) continues to recover- it's starting to get some green now and showing modest PE. My replacement Blue Ghost (v2 pic) hasn't bleached nor lost all its flesh, so *maybe* there's still hope for that one too. The PC Rainbow next to my Blue Ghost frags is starting to encrust out, so I need to keep an eye on it to ensure they all don't go to war and stunt the growth.

For this month's ICP test, I've finally got all the Moonshiners chemicals in, plus mud and vitamins. I've also got the RO-DI filter upgrade to help remove the silicates- you can see a massive improvement from the quoted 1-month update post below. Not pictured but also helping out is a newly purchased and installed (after I had sent the ICP test off, unfortunately) Vecton Titan 850 UV in-line with my return pump.

Finally, I've got fish in the system after going fallow for 4 months after I lost all my previous fish to disease, so I'm happy to have some movement back in the tank!

Month 2 Blue Ghost v1.png

Month 2 Blue Ghost v2.png

Month 2 FTS.png
2024-01-11 ICP-MS.JPG 20240128 Apex.jpg

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to take my pictures today. I’ll try to get everything updated tonight but not sure if I will. Sorry guys!

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back