☆☆ - Spring Grow-Out Class 2 - Houdini Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 7, Members: 3, Guests: 4)

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jasonak @Reefing102 @Troylee @Mschmidt
Are there rules of how the contest photos should be taken?
like does it have to be on that 3D-Printed thing for the first photo, or can we mount the plug to the rocks? Or anything else we should keep in mind for the photos?
You can mount it any where you want! Just needs a clear picture with the ruler behind it and a straight angle the best you can…. The mount is added gift that Adam provides to help.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no one has to go searching :)

THE RULES
- Please read as some have changed from the previous contests.

Rule 1: Competition will last for One Year from the date you receive your contest frag.

Rule 2: The initial submission (baseline) must be measured on the included frag plug, with the official ruler, within 7 days of reciept.

Rule 2.1: The initial submission will also be your first months pic as well.

Rule 3: The last submission must be within 365 days of your first official entry.

Rule 3.1: As a general rule, there should be a total of 13 pics (12 monthly pics and a final pic) if you do not miss a submission.

Rule 4: The provided ruler must be against your frag for every months’ submission photo.

Rule 5: A picture must be submitted by the end of the month, every month. The last calendar day of each month is the absolute deadline, local time will be considered valid for deadline purposes. I have given a little leeway on this in the past, but we have four organizers this time around, and so for consistency, there will be no deviation.

Rule 5.1: Optionally your monthly submission may be accompanied by your current water parameters, par readings, or any other you deem pertinent to the growth of your contest frag.

Rule 6: After the baseline photo, you can remove the coral from the plug and mount it anywhere that you choose. If placed on a disk it can be moved around the tank. I encourage experimentation with placement as no two frags will grow the exact same, and some can be so picky that a half an inch makes a difference between no growth and explosive growth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jasonak @Reefing102 @Troylee @Mschmidt
Are there rules of how the contest photos should be taken?
like does it have to be on that 3D-Printed thing for the first photo, or can we mount the plug to the rocks? Or anything else we should keep in mind for the photos?

@Jasonak hit the rules pretty good. Main thing is first pic the frag has to be on the plug (you don’t have to use the stand but it can make it easier).

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have the contest frags in my monthly update videos with tips on how to grow them out too. Assuming they get past initial acclimation (Knock on wood).
Acros are weird sometimes. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start point. Day 1. This pink thing is designed to hold the ruler so I used it for photo. Hope this is ok. I’ll mount it in a week or 2 after it settles in.
@Reefing102 @Jasonak @Mschmidt
@troyloee
IMG_6237.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely no issue. That stand was designed to make measuring easy

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck everyone! I have a Houdini that I received in my Valentine's Day Contest BattleBox.

Seems like a slower grower on my end, but it colored up really nicely with bright yellow tips! Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress on this one!

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is this being run like Squid Games now? :grinning-squinting-face:

I don’t get the reference…Ik ik…but we have had issues in the past of organizers disappearing from the forums and what not.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t get the reference…Ik ik…but we have had issues in the past of organizers disappearing from the forums and what not.
It was a movie about a game show in Korea and they did games like red light, green light! If you moved or lost you were shot and killed. :grimacing-face: Winner got like 10 million or something… it was a crazy series on Netflix.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start point. Day 1. This pink thing is designed to hold the ruler so I used it for photo. Hope this is ok. I’ll mount it in a week or 2 after it settles in.
@Reefing102 @Jasonak @Mschmidt
@troyloee
IMG_6237.jpeg
Job well done sir cant ask for anything better :)

Im in the fall grow out and I immediately lost my ruler holder LOL So my first shot was on my frag rack, which also works. But wish had that initial shot of it in the holder to compare to at the end.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back