00W's AIO Smorgasbord

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my name is Luis, I was thinking about starting a thread but I've been following this thread for a few weeks and you guys seem like a family here so if you don't mind I'll put the question here, I am quite new to the hobby and a friend gave me his tank, he explained to me where he bought everything and well I have been learning a lot here at R2R, the thing is that he buys the sea water to do the water changes, it would be better to continue buying sea water or preparing the saltwater myself, sorry for the long text and thanks for the help

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my name is Luis, I was thinking about starting a thread but I've been following this thread for a few weeks and you guys seem like a family here so if you don't mind I'll put the question here, I am quite new to the hobby and a friend gave me his tank, he explained to me where he bought everything and well I have been learning a lot here at R2R, the thing is that he buys the sea water to do the water changes, it would be better to continue buying sea water or preparing the saltwater myself, sorry for the long text and thanks for the help
Welcome to the family Luis!
Any and all posts are just fine.
I make my own saltwater and have for forever. There's nothing wrong with buying LFS water as long as you trust the store.
I have heard good and bad buying pre-made water.
If you need help to get started there ask as many questions as you can and we'll get back to you.
Joel

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make my own saltwater and have for forever. There's nothing wrong with buying LFS water as long as you trust the store.
If you need help to get started there ask as many questions as you can and we'll get back to you.
Joel
Than you Joel, That's the thing I've been reading lately about the bad things about buying seawater and I've had doubts. Thank you again

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Than you Joel, That's the thing I've been reading lately about the bad things about buying seawater and I've had doubts. Thank you again
Of course Luis!
How's the tank going?
Pictures?
Questions?

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is going well i think, my friend already had the tank for more than 1 year so I already got it cycled it and everything, he gave it to me with only fish and 2 palythoas, I have been introducing corals little by little and so far everything seems to be going well

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a biocube 32
1000086801.jpg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joel
Hello Luis, we have been crossing paths a lot lately! Welcome to one big happy dysfunctional family. I would highly recommend mixing your own water for two reasons. One, it gives you complete control over what you put into your tank. Two, it will save you money in the long run. Don’t hesitate to reach out.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Luis, we have been crossing paths a lot lately! Welcome to one big happy dysfunctional family. I would highly recommend mixing your own water for two reasons. One, it gives you complete control over what you put into your tank. Two, it will save you money in the long run. Don’t hesitate to reach out.
Hi, just yesterday I told you that I was in love with your tank, I was already reading this thread but in the other thread that I think was about showing the bookmarked threads and you recommended this one as a family, It convinced me more to ask the question and introduce me here, thank you

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Luis! Glad to have you aboard the Smorgasbord!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get mine from my LFS; but it’s a very good one and all their tanks are separated- they go to great lengths to ensure there is no cross-contamination; so I know their saltwater is good. My tank is only 6 months old and have on,y ever used their saltwater.

Btw, this group is quite wonderful and I would say unique. There are no silly questions (I ask a lot), and am never embarrassed or looked down on.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, Luis! Welcome! I always like to make my own saltwater, because when I go to my lfs to get it the TDS is just about 10, which I prefer to not put in my tank.

Your tank looks awesome! Keep up the good work!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 80 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back