00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Don't like salifert...also don't like the hanna's... ;) go figure...:)
API for the win...not copper or salinity would recommend hanna...:upside-down-face:
20240424_000130.jpg
I have always used API for my freshwater tanks.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get it but once her tank is full and beautiful she will have all the time in the world to spa it! She won’t though because she won’t want to leave the house and stop looking at the beauty she created! I’m just playing with you. I hope you are doing better, you are still in my prayers and I can’t wait for you to have the radiation over and hear about a great prognosis!
Hehe, I know your teasing!

And it’s true, it’s hard sometimes to walk away from staring at the lil oceans in our home!

Tuesday is last day of radiation! I’ve started to have more hours of less pain and walked with cane a couple days instead of walker so I am hopeful it will progress more. I’ll know within 3 weeks after treatment how much less pain/weakness I will have. Ultimate goal is to zap those lesions inactive so more bone denigration doesn’t happen.

Also determining what my next option is for chemo as clearly the one I was doing wasn’t working.

It means a lot the consistent love and prayers that come from you and the Smorgasbord family my way. To feel that power coming to me is something I thank God for on a regular basis.

And to mirror Luis’ sentiment, the distraction of our thread works wonders!

So how many exclamation points did I use in this post?!?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hehe, I know your teasing!

And it’s true, it’s hard sometimes to walk away from staring at the lil oceans in our home!

Tuesday is last day of radiation! I’ve started to have more hours of less pain and walked with cane a couple days instead of walker so I am hopeful it will progress more. I’ll know within 3 weeks after treatment how much less pain/weakness I will have. Ultimate goal is to zap those lesions inactive so more bone denigration doesn’t happen.

Also determining what my next option is for chemo as clearly the one I was doing wasn’t working.

It means a lot the consistent love and prayers that come from you and the Smorgasbord family my way. To feel that power coming to me is something I thank God for on a regular basis.

And to mirror Luis’ sentiment, the distraction of our thread works wonders!

So how many exclamation points did I use in this post?!?
Only 4. Kinda underwhelming. Next time try for at least 20?

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Don't like salifert...also don't like the hanna's... ;) go figure...:)
API for the win...not copper or salinity would recommend hanna...:upside-down-face:
20240424_000130.jpg
I love the Hanna’s as I can’t see a line on a cuvette or a color chart for the life of me. I do use Red Sea for Calcium and Aquaforest for Mag though based on reviews. I have to say the Aquaforest Mag is soo much easier then others.

And the Hanna salinity/temp probe stick is awesome!

I don’t test for copper. My tank to immature at this point.

Wouldn’t it be cool if that new Colorvue testing machine got all the kinks and worked! The Hydros Launch and Maven that was featured at RAP Orlando this weekend!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love the Hanna’s as I can’t see a line on a cuvette or a color chart for the life of me. I do use Red Sea for Calcium and Aquaforest for Mag though based on reviews. I have to say the Aquaforest Mag is soo much easier then others.

And the Hanna salinity/temp probe stick is awesome!

I don’t test for copper. My tank to immature at this point.

Wouldn’t it be cool if that new Colorvue testing machine got all the kinks and worked! The Hydros Launch and Maven that was featured at RAP Orlando this weekend!
It's never to early to test for copper. There are some GAC brands that have recently begun leaching copper. If you're seeing issues that appear to be copper it doesn't hurt to check.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my sorry guys I took a shower and fell asleep in my chair.
Very busy weekend for April not even summer yet. I have no idea where everyone is coming from.
Nothing to eat in the house so I'm having 4 sausages and mustard with a bottle of pellegrino.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never ever tested for mag or copper.
I still use a swing arm hydrometer.
I used API for my whole career until the past 4 or 5 months I use Hanna for nitrate, phos and alk. They are easy but also I've had a few issues with them as well.
Use API for ph and calcium.
I have really only tested ph and alk lately.
Those seem to be what my tanks telling me is important lately.
Might sound weird but I listen ;)

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well if we're being honest I don't remember the last time I tested the 125. The 70 I tested a few times after setting up. I test for alk and phosphates more than anything after I lost a batch of Acros due to phosphates bottoming out with 10+ alk. I don't remember testing since maybe January...?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 65 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 5.7%
Back