00W's AIO Smorgasbord

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have to get the restaurant patio ready for mother's day on Sunday if we ever get any sun in this part of Antarctica :crying-face:
But we're just not motivated so I had to re-aquascape a bit this morning.
I've had gsp growing into my zoas for a bit
Luckily it came right apart and away with minimal upsetness on either side but I had to move some rocks.
I like it better than before.
20240507_102227.jpg
I love the color and durability and coverage of gsp but it can really take over if you don't monitor its spread.
Can’t even tell you tore out stuff - looks really full and balanced

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Joel! That’s fantastic. You’re right, it’s not for everyone, but it does work and it’s that elimination of no carbs, no sugar that is the real kick starter.

Prior to my leg getting messed up 4 months ago, I rarely had any of those things. I hadn’t had cheerios in a bazillion years. Never food with added sugar, no prosessed food. All of that is flammatory to joints and organs.

I have no choice but to get back to it!

Keep going Joel! Really happy for you and your progress!
Yes it's all the inflammatory foods that were taking me down.
Feel lots better now :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tacos for lunch, dumped the taco on the rice and beans without eating the shells. Rice, black beans, cilantro, cotija, pork Barbacoa, and lettuce chased with a mint limeade.
1715110740054.jpeg

This. This will help. I have an apple in the AM + high protein breakfast. Only bread-y things on "special breakfast" days like when I make the kids chocolate croissants (hey, the French can manage it!). Lunch and dinner are another type of struggle. But the apples help with a lot of things!
p.s., Sugarbees are my absolute favorites. Crisp like a honeycrisp, but sweet like a mix between Fuji and Envy apples, but less fiber-y than the latter. To each their own, though.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1715110740054.jpeg

This. This will help. I have an apple in the AM + high protein breakfast. Only bread-y things on "special breakfast" days like when I make the kids chocolate croissants (hey, the French can manage it!). Lunch and dinner are another type of struggle. But the apples help with a lot of things!
p.s., Sugarbees are my absolute favorites. Crisp like a honeycrisp, but sweet like a mix between Fuji and Envy apples, but less fiber-y than the latter. To each their own, though.
Ooh, I love chocolate croissants

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1715110740054.jpeg

Apples are something I need to add more of. I dropped a ton of weight and had almost 0 cholesterol several years ago by eating apples and cutting out bread.

Breakfast is going to be Overnight Oats frequently.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1715110740054.jpeg

I like the screenshot in the background. Good looking dog.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s actually really good Tim! It’s the sugar and carbs that get us. Proud of you - it’s really hard to eliminate the sugar. I’m going through cherrios/cookie withdrawals right now,,so I can appreciate.

Ok, Smorgasbord challenge!

No food or drink with added sugar for next 14 days. Natural sugars ok.

It’s just eliminating one thing. Carb reduction after that. If you’re able to do more, great. But no need to be a hero - we are a realistic, supportive family!

If I fall off the wagon, I will say so - no shame.

We got this!
I am sorry i can't not have sugar in my coffee and I can't not have coffee...

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok:

Amanda, badge holder is great.

Appointment scheduled for a week from Thursday for blood work to see about blood pressure meds. Hopefully by then it'll be a non issue.
I wish you weren’t becoming a member but welcome to the Amlodipine club! I always had great blood pressure, on the lower side. After my transplant my doctor put me on blood pressure medicine. I questioned the need and he said I now have post transplant hypertension. I didn’t know that was a thing. Ithas been doubled since.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tacos for lunch, dumped the taco on the rice and beans without eating the shells. Rice, black beans, cilantro, cotija, pork Barbacoa, and lettuce chased with a mint limeade.
That's how taco Tuesday is done.
Right there!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 176 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back