Happy Monday!
Carl-Yastrzemski.jpg

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone, I have good and bad news. The good news is that the goby and the shrimp already have their cave and are living there, the bad news is that last night when I arrived from my mother-in-law's house I found the blenny on the floor near the tank, I don't know how it happened, the wrasse is in the acclimatization box and no one was attacking him, I feel so sad, He had already won my heart, he was also eating just like the goby, I even thought that the worst was over
I’m not aware that they are jumpers, hmm. @Katrina71 ? So sorry Luis!

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
window screen made from alot of different materials from aluminum, fiberglass, coated aluminum all which are designed to reduce natural light from penetrating. So it will have a reducing effect on the amount of light that will pass through to the tank water. So you may have to crack up the lights...which could make the screens warm as they do get warm when used on windows...Just sharing my thoughts here...ah cup two is ready...

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can order plastic mesh on Amazon too ? will be back with a link... :)

that didn't work ,let's try this... ;)

6 x 7.2 ft Aquarium Screen Net Clear Mesh Netting DIY Fish Tank Mesh Screen Net Air Screen Net Fish Tank Replacement Net for Aquarium Fish Tank Covering​

Brand: Shappy
4.3 4.3 out of 5 stars 364 ratings

| Search this page

Amazon'sChoicein Aquarium Nets by Shappy

200+ bought in past month

$13.99$13.99

Two-Day

FREE Returns

Thank you for being a Prime member. Get a $150 Gift Card: Pay $0.00 upon approval for Prime Visa. No annual fee.

MaterialNylon
BrandShappy
StyleClassic
Product Dimensions72"L x 86.4"W
Outer MaterialNylon

About this item​

• Practical screen net: the package contains 1 piece 6 x 7.2 ft aquarium screen net in clear, which is long enough to meet your needs and replacements for aquarium, you can DIY the size you need to fit your fish tank, you can use a screen frame kit (not included) with mesh to create aquarium top
  • Durable and sturdy: made of quality nylon material, the fish tank DIY mesh screen net is sturdy and durable to apply, not easy to tear and fray, can be applied for a long time, meanwhile, it is reusable that you can clean it at ease
  • Mesh design: the fish tank replacement net designed in 0.31 x 0.31 inch/ 8 x 8 mm mesh holes can let the light come in without preventing it from getting into the fish tank and can accommodate small fishes to prevent them from jumping out of the fish tank, and it is coarse to fit into a reasonably sized piece of food without removing the top
  • Wide range of applications: the clear mesh net not only can be applied to DIY air screen cover, but also can be applied as divider for fish tank or bird cage and so on, preventing birds from entering the domain of other birds or avoiding chickens from entering patio, etc.
  • Note: the size of the transparent mesh net cover is cut by hand, maybe the size will be different; This net cover needs additional items to create an aquarium top; The net may be a little crease after transportation, you can use it after ironing

Last edited:

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The truth is I've been thinking about it and I was looking at one in Kraken Lid but it costs more than 200 dollars, But now I'm going to have to buy it, I don't want to lose another fish that way.
If you need a cheaper one, Red Sea has. DIY version. You can get off BRS website:

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For coffee I think I'm ready
1000087354.jpg
My favorites, in order: Paris == Vienna, Miami, Nicaragua, Cioccolatino. So help me, if I get one of those coconut-flavored ones, I'm putting your desk in the basement!

Wait, do I have any authority to do that?

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that's awesome, looking into this right now! I lost my fairy wrasse through the screen a couple months ago and looking into smaller screens or acrylic lids before I get any more wrasses.

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorites, in order: Paris == Vienna, Miami, Nicaragua, Cioccolatino. So help me, if I get one of those coconut-flavored ones, I'm putting your desk in the basement!

Wait, do I have any authority to do that?
I would help you move it... or we could wrap his desk in several layers of plastic wrap...

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back