10 gallon frankentank

Rusty_L_Shackleford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've had this 10 gallon utility tank that I've been using as a quarantine and utility tank and it's been housing a pair mollies (that are now breeding like crazy but that's besides the tank) and seeding rock. Well I finally had a day off today and the weather was nasty and being cooped up inside I decided to redo the tank and put together some ideas I've had kicking around with some spare stuff I've had laying around.

The main thing was a light. I had a Gen 3 radio xr30 laying around that I picked up over a year ago for super cheap so that's what's on the tank since I already had it. I knocked together a "mount" for the light out of some scrap plywood and made it so I can raise or lower the light on the frame as i play with it. Done mind the cords its currently connected to my laptop so i can program it. This tank is an experiment for me to tinker with (my wife and i have 2 other reefs and a planted tank as displays). I just have a HOB power filter and a heater on it and an autofeeder for the mollies flake. I have a fair amount of random equipment laying around, so we'll see where it goes.

20230921_221327.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back