13.5 Fluval Evo Build Thread: Mixed Reef (Photo Heavy!)

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rearranged the tank a bit. I think the acan garden is coming together really nicely. Sometimes I feel like corals start doing better when they’re surrounded by their counterparts. I’m still have a mysterious ailment plaguing my Zoas though. ICP test came back normal
IMG_9893.jpeg
IMG_9896.jpeg

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Tank! My fluval 13.5 is coming in tuesday. Taking alot of inspiration from this tank.
Thank you so much!! It makes me very happy to give any inspiration/motivation to others. Feel free to share a photo if you like of your current setup.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha thats super awesome!
I swear I sliced it with a razor around a year ago also!!

Here’s the blue ones. These and the yellow ones in the front have been splitting a lot this year. I’ll snag a photo of the yellows in a bit.
IMG_0135.jpeg

I’ve not been doing to many full tank shots because I’ve been adding GFO causing my phosphate to shoot down. Even with one fourth the reccomend dose for my tank size it’s dropping to fast! Tank looks like a mess right now but it should be for the better over time.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend came over and I got a couple shots on his phone! Here is the final riccordia color morph I have in the tank. I love the lemon/green look on this one. Reminds me of Sprite.

reef2.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank! Following along!

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new LFS popped up less than ten minutes from me! I gave them a visit to get some snails for my mantis shrimp in another system and check out the store. They had maxi minis for $20 each. Not sure what everyone here is used to paying (kind of curious actually) but that is a really good deal for our area! I snagged a few. One fell in the tank, and already wedged itself in the shade so I cant get a photo of it. Excited to see them color up more!

IMG_0234.jpeg
IMG_0233.jpeg

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gumbies R Us @JohnNYC8 and anyone new that I missed - Welcome!! Thank you so much for following. Please free to comment, ask questions, or post anything from your own tank whenever. Happy for any engagement here

In the mean time here is a photo I took the last few nights of one of the acans. It is not the best photo, but dang it looked extra colorful!
IMG_0191.jpeg

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a while since a top-down, so here is two!

The tank is looking extra messy, but I think it is finally starting to pick up after the GFO I recently began running dropped down my phosphates a little to fast than I wanted.

IMG_0303.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone wanted to make an update. I’ve been having some long term problems compound, and have made a few changes that is taking the tank time to adjust. I fragged and moved some larger pieces due to necessity. Overall the tank doesn’t look the best, but I’m hopeful these changes will lead to an even better future for the evo. Here are some individual coral photos in the mean time! Hopefully a FTS is soon to come.

My favorite coral lately: Zoas! I can't tell if these are Darth Mauls, or Illuminatis, but simply put I am in love.
IMG_0681.jpeg
IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0679.jpeg
IMG_0686.jpeg
IMG_0676.jpeg
IMG_0692.jpeg

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 53 74.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back