185g Peninsula Build

Pete Paschall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go!

This past fall, my wife and I decided to sell our current house and build a new one about an hour away in Swansboro, NC. At the time I had a 100 gallon SCA mixed reef tank, and we decided to build the new house with a tank upgrade in mind. So I sold off the tank and most of the livestock, but set up 2 frag tanks to keep the fish and some corals that I wanted to keep. Fast forward to now, and we are about a week out from getting in to the new house. I had Aquarium and Terrarium Builder out of Raleigh, NC build a 72 L X 30 W X 20 H acrylic tank that I will pick up on 30 July. Framing Tech designed and fabricated a stand out of extruded aluminum, and Jeff at Lifereef is building a sump with skimmer and refugium. I have a Modular Marine 2400 overflow, and I will be ordering 2 Reefi Duo Extremes that I will hang from a floating light mount attached to an exterior wall reinforced with several studs that I can drill into. The tank will be predominantly LPS and zoanthids, with a heavy wrasse presence. Here are a few pics to kick things off. The PDFs I attached are of the stand and the house plan that shows the tank location.

IMG_1540.jpg IMG_1541.jpg

Attachments

• FTI-Tank-Stand-72x30x36-WS.PDF
    113.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Final - with changes - PASCHALL 02-05-20-ELEVATION REVISION.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back