OP
OP
AKReefing

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The view through both sides of the aquarium--2 inches total. Good enough for water.

430413514_945538750628350_1672813654852451709_n.jpg

OP
OP
AKReefing

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I heard of a pro on R2R with a handle of "AKReefing" -- perhaps you can give him a call? ;) Anyway, it took 2 guys ~6 hours to buff my 8x3x2 tank. It would take me several weeks (if I'm lucky) with lots of blood, sweat, and tears!
Dude, that's my handle, and this is my thread. I'm not a pro.
You're not worried about scratching it later? On my new build, I'm going to go bare bottom just to make sure I won't pick up some sand; otherwise, it will be a very bad day!
Of course I am. I've had a large acrylic tank in the past. After seeing all of the scratches inside this tank, it was clear to me the previous owner didn't realize what she was doing by dragging sand up from the bottom during cleaning.

OP
OP
AKReefing

AKReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, slight delay in progress due to 13 straight 12-hour shifts. The OT helps, though. So as part of prep for the move I had to remove the bulkheads. They were glued to the plumbing below, so I had to cut them loose (see the picture). Glue or no glue, I would always recommend replacing bulkheads any time you remove the old ones. Cheap insurance. One of the replacement bulkheads ended up with a piece of stray plastic between the rubber seal and the bottom of the bulkhead. I discovered it during a leak test. The nut was destroyed during removal, and the rubber seal ended up with a small tear due to the plastic fragment. Fortunately, the bulkhead seller sent a free replacement. I'll install the new one today and recheck for leaks.

Attachments

• Bulkhead.jpg
    Bulkhead.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 1

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back