OP
OP
K

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Krill is okay but not all the time. Neither one of my lions likes krill actually. I feed predator food to mine (rods, hikiri, two little fishes) as well as squid. They really like the mix of meaty foods in the two mixed flats. I can post pictures of the packages if you want. I also got jumbo mysis shrimp to mix with live when I had one I had to get off a live diet, seemed to help
Pics would be great. Thanks

OP
OP
K

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my tank 3 days a week. 95% of the time my lion, big, eats a large silverside and one raw small peeled shrimp from Walmart. But, 4% of the time he only eats one or the other and 1% of the time he won't eat at all. My point is,as long as they are now both eating frozen, almost all of the time, don't overthink it!
Hi. So,they only ate that small portion since I last texted. Kind of worried and might have to cave in and start on live food.

Fred A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. So,they only ate that small portion since I last texted. Kind of worried and might have to cave in and start on live food.
For me once they start on frozen they've stayed on it. I don't know, but if you switch back to live who knows if they'll take frozen again. If you're feeding them every day and they don't eat for 10 days or so then maybe back to live, imo. Like I said before, any fish can go a couple of weeks without eating if they're otherwise healthy.

Fred A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me once they start on frozen they've stayed on it. I don't know, but if you switch back to live who knows if they'll take frozen again. If you're feeding them every day and they don't eat for 10 days or so then maybe back to live, imo. Like I said before, any fish can go a couple of weeks without eating if they're otherwise healthy.
Remember, it's not unusual to not eat every day.

OP
OP
K

kenand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed the white spots on one,can't see the other viotin or the dwarf lion. The spots seem perfectly placed along the side. Is this normal or ich? I don't have a qt tank.

Fred A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed the white spots on one,can't see the other viotin or the dwarf lion. The spots seem perfectly placed along the side. Is this normal or ich? I don't have a qt tank.
I don't know. Maybe you could post a picture for someone to comment on or show it to the store that sold it. If it gets worse than I assume it's an illness.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back