• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

2 RBTA w/ Stunning Color

Benpastw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
through r2r you can look at his posts including things he purchased, I am reaching out to people he purchased from to try an obtain the name and shipping address he used. I know he is located in Hilton Head South Carolina as per a "Welcome to R2R" thread he participated in. Within the last two days he deleted all his social media to include Instagram and his youtube channel, however a quick google images search of "Bransreeftv" will yield images of his face and youtube click bait titles.

david_ma

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 83.3%
5   1   0
through r2r you can look at his posts including things he purchased, I am reaching out to people he purchased from to try an obtain the name and shipping address he used. I know he is located in Hilton Head South Carolina as per a "Welcome to R2R" thread he participated in. Within the last two days he deleted all his social media to include Instagram and his youtube channel, however a quick google images search of "Bransreeftv" will yield images of his face and youtube click bait titles.

Love it, nice investigative work there. And thank you. At least no one else should fall a victim like me and the few others.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is loss in excess of $1000 USD at this point.

Are you able to report this to the Police in SoCal? Just wondering.

I am assuming you could with the address from others who have bought and received shipments (or sent shipments) to him.

Its guys like this that make selling and trading difficult.

Benpastw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its guys like this that make me never want to purchase from R2R again, I swore off it a few months ago when I bought three mushrooms, upon receipt they were all bleach white, after months I've finally gotten some color back in them and they aren't remotely close to what I had purchased from the pictures I received. I figured id give it another shot because this hobby is addicting and theres a lot of good people who are involved and then something like this happens.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its guys like this that make me never want to purchase from R2R again, I swore off it a few months ago when I bought three mushrooms, upon receipt they were all bleach white, after months I've finally gotten some color back in them and they aren't remotely close to what I had purchased from the pictures I received. I figured id give it another shot because this hobby is addicting and theres a lot of good people who are involved and then something like this happens.

I hear you, and it really is too bad this idiot for now has gotten away with it. I would see if you can get the address and report him to the police.

There are tons of honest and well represented sellers on here. That's why I think it could be helpful to have a transaction rating for each member so you are able to see their score and what others have said about doing business with them.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he is a scammer... but why are you all ignoring the clear and obvious policies of buying...? DO not use PayPal Gift or Venmo. If you do then you will lose your money quite often.

CC13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes he is a scammer... but why are you all ignoring the clear and obvious policies of buying...? DO not use PayPal Gift or Venmo. If you do then you will lose your money quite often.

While I agree that PayPal is definitely more secure, I disagree with the statement about not using it results in being scammed.

I VERY rarely use PayPal unless the seller has no trading history. Like others have said, 99% of the people on these forums are honest. It’s the 1% that aren’t.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I agree that PayPal is definitely more secure, I disagree with the statement about not using it results in being scammed.

I VERY rarely use PayPal unless the seller has no trading history. Like others have said, 99% of the people on these forums are honest. It’s the 1% that aren’t.

Ya that’s true don’t send gifts to people who just signed up.

riverreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought him also but I noticed his venmo acct said coraladdict and something told me ive seen that name before in scams.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back