2 whitespots on foxface in observation

kazshell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 1spot foxface under observation with a puffer and eiebl angel, they've been in there for about 2 weeks Foxface has these 2 white spots I just noticed today. The tank has been through 2 rounds of prazipro. Does it look like ich? Btw he is always stressed when I come around the tank, I basically have to peek around a corner to see him out and about. He only eats when I leave the room.

20231011_150549.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 1spot foxface under observation with a puffer and eiebl angel, they've been in there for about 2 weeks Foxface has these 2 white spots I just noticed today. The tank has been through 2 rounds of prazipro. Does it look like ich? Btw he is always stressed when I come around the tank, I basically have to peek around a corner to see him out and about. He only eats when I leave the room.

20231011_150549.jpg

Hi,

blue pictures are often difficult for us to evaluate, but I think those two spots are too large to be ich.

Jay

OP
OP
K

kazshell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

blue pictures are often difficult for us to evaluate, but I think those two spots are too large to be ich.

Jay
Ya I'm surprised I could get that picture tbh he's always hiding behind a rock, I'll try to take a better one. I wouldn't be surprised if it's sand stick to him, he's always leaned up against a rock or a corner hiding. The other fish in the tank with him look fine. I think I'll have to keep observing him for a day or two and see if they go away. Thanks

OP
OP
K

kazshell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I'm surprised I could get that picture tbh he's always hiding behind a rock, I'll try to take a better one. I wouldn't be surprised if it's sand stick to him, he's always leaned up against a rock or a corner hiding. The other fish in the tank with him look fine. I think I'll have to keep observing him for a day or two and see if they go away. Thanks
Turns out it was flukes, I think. 2 rounds of prazi 6 days apart and they were still able to live. This is the 3rd round of prazi and added metro to the diet and they spots dissapeared in a couple hours. Next round will be in 3-4 days instead of 6.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back