300 DD Starphire

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
****.. That sucks lol. First thing I did was working on my tank! I got a new setup also. It's down to tweaking it now. Craziness hobby imo. So much to learn constantly. Good luck and have fun!

Frattoniser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol my wife says if I even think about my tank today I'm dead.

ROFL_C13.gif

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FONT=Comic Sans MS]Great job and build story so far, will most definitely be tagging along on this one. Since you are obviously handy in the shop, take a look at my 3-sided slide on canopy in my build thread linked in my signature. Took me 2years to finally get started as kept changing the construction plans but very happy with final version. Looking forward to seeing it wet.

Cheers, Todd
[/FONT]
Thank you. Wow nice build!!! I really like the look of your canopy. Your tank is stunning!!! Can't wait to get mine wet and start adding corals.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I definitely still have lots to learn every time I think I got it figured out I end up learning something new!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks awesome so far!

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help please. I currently use a Maxi Jet 1200 to run 2 BRS media reactors GFO & Carbon. I have both the canisters valves only open a 1/4 -1/2 way because the flow is to much for them. My question is do you think I could add another T and use it to feed my Vertex RX6 Duo Calcium Reactor as well? Any and all suggestions / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished stand and tank. Love the clean electrical work, outlets, and switch under the stand.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished stand and tank. Love the clean electrical work, outlets, and switch under the stand.
Thank you, I can't wait either!!! Hopefully I can get water in her by the end of the week.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran into some issues started filling the tank this morning and both overflows are leaking!!!! Not sure what to do?? I think I'm going to have to drain and re silicone the overflows. I'm so frustrated!!!! Has anybody else experienced this??

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. Were they installed by the tank manufacturer? Where are they leaking by the bottom edge or sides?

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes installed by marineland. I did not alter the tank at all, just hauled it to the basement and put it on the stand. They are both leaking at bottom and about 1" up on both sides.

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would give Marineland a call, and ask what they want you to do. That's an expensive tank and clearly a defect on their part. But I'm also thinking about the hardship you went through getting it to the basement and all the plumbing already in place! You might just have to resilicone yourself.

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it leaking through the bulkheads? Do you have the gaskets on the correct side? Should be on the same side as the flange

Edit: sorry just saw you've been in the hobby a while. Sure you already checked this. This really sucks, good luck with it. Awesome tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'm thinking as well drain and re silicone myself. Getting the tank in the basement was not easy and do not really want to do it again. I talk with the owner of the store that ordered the tank for me and he agrees on trying to re silicone. He is also going to talk with marineland for me and see what they have to say.

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I have made that mistake before. It's actually leaking from tank into overflow area from the bottom side of the overflow. So the silicone is faulty that is holding on the plastic overflow.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 133 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.0%
Back