300 DD Starphire

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem I think I talked to you when you first posted this but I had the 300dd also doing a great job on the woodworking because it looks like you have a good helper and its come along way since then looks good. Keep it up

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I have couple of good helpers!! You still have your 300 dd? Do you still tun full siphon? I was thinking about doing the same thing.

ethridge78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I have couple of good helpers!! You still have your 300 dd? Do you still tun full siphon? I was thinking about doing the same thing.
Yes I still have mine. I am still running the full siphon I love it because its quite and I can push allot of water threw it.

YippeeKiYea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build!! - great photos and custom DIY ideas!

I couldnt agree more to making stands taller - i couldnt deal so I drilled hole in floor and built basement sump!! (see photo)

Again, Super Job!!!

sumpphoto.jpg

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! I like your setup, nicely done! I couldn't deal either with my 125 upstairs so I did the same thing after about 3 months. Wife woke up to me cutting holes in the wall and drilling through to the basement. Lol she was a let's say less then thrilled with me! I will post a couple picts when I get home.

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the tank and stand! it's also awesome that your kids are so involved! Love the picture of the little guy helping with the sanding :)

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20140903_193405.jpg
Here is my basement sump for my 125. Lol well basement tub. This was my solution so I could use my good sump on my new build. I'm gonna miss the easy access. My skimmer is pulling double duty I've been swapping it back and forth between the tanks. I also already moved over my carbon & GFO reactors. It's coming together!

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got the canopy up and half the lights in. I have the lights currently 3.5" above the water but I'm thinking I should go up with them any recommendations on height?

reeksreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think 8-10" above the water is good. Looking good so far.

Already gave a deposit for the tank so the deal looks promising, but I ran into a dilemma. I can get the tank in the door by turning it sidways since the tank only 27" but will have to tank the doorframe off to get the stand in since I will have a 72"x36"x42"

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the tank!! Ya that's a lil bit of a prob. That's why I built mine in place. If we ever move the house will come with a tank and stand lol. That will definitely be a project but not to crazy bad. How wide is your door opening? Do frame to door frame ID?

reeksreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, and thats what I'm think of doing just build it inside. I measured it and the molding around the door is the main issue. Without molding it would be about 37". Don't want to deal with removing all that. If I do move just might leave the stand and take everything else. Lol

OP
OP
D

dsbud4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that's where I'm at!! I've told that to a handful of people and they look at me and laugh like I'm joking, little do they know I'm dead serious!!! If the stand is really nice I would remove the door and take down the door frame if that was the only obstacle. If it's not that nice then I would build your own in its permanent location. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck and keep us posted.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back