6095 not working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JMLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased 2 x 6095s from Marine Depot, showed up today and was thrilled until I installed them. One works perfectly and the other does nothing.

So I took off the screen part at end of nozzle and started spinning impeller manually and it started spinning then as part of pulse it stops and to get it going again I have to spin it manually. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Should I contact marine depot or Tunze?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both....whoever answers the phone quicker! (I imagine MD would want the chance to make it right, for what it's worth.)

Roger's number is on Tunze's website, or you can drop a thread in their vendor forum here. I assume you know how to reach MD. :p

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is Roger with Tunze. I can think of a few simple possibilities which are the most plausible as every pump is test run at the factory so a non running pump is fairly rare.

1) The propeller is jammed or too tight, this is easy I can just send a new one. To verify, remove the propeller, rinse it in gently running water and rinse the impeller well of the pump. Sometimes the cause is just dust or debris from packing, the cornstarch packing chips can make a dust that acts like glue when it gets wet. If it is too tight, swapping the propeller assembly between pumps will result in the issue following the propeller.

2) The controller has a minor flaw and won't run at the lowest speeds, if you turn both the main speed and pulse speed up and it runs, this is the issue. Make sure you have a setting where the pump is running, pulse speed turned all the way counter clockwise is off and then the pump will turn off, we want to rule out that it is just normally off from a setting so for this test either turn pulse to off so it stays at the main speed or set a higher speed on the pulse speed.

My guess based on what you describe is issue 1.

OP
OP
JMLewis

JMLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is Roger with Tunze. I can think of a few simple possibilities which are the most plausible as every pump is test run at the factory so a non running pump is fairly rare.

1) The propeller is jammed or too tight, this is easy I can just send a new one. To verify, remove the propeller, rinse it in gently running water and rinse the impeller well of the pump. Sometimes the cause is just dust or debris from packing, the cornstarch packing chips can make a dust that acts like glue when it gets wet. If it is too tight, swapping the propeller assembly between pumps will result in the issue following the propeller.

2) The controller has a minor flaw and won't run at the lowest speeds, if you turn both the main speed and pulse speed up and it runs, this is the issue. Make sure you have a setting where the pump is running, pulse speed turned all the way counter clockwise is off and then the pump will turn off, we want to rule out that it is just normally off from a setting so for this test either turn pulse to off so it stays at the main speed or set a higher speed on the pulse speed.

My guess based on what you describe is issue 1.

HI Rodger thanks for the fast response.

I don't beleive that is the issue, I took the impeller out of the one that's working fine and installed it into the bad one and still had the same issue.

Using Apex Fusion I turned the pump to just ON not using any profiles and spun it with my finger to get it going and let it run for about a munite. Turned it off and back on and had to again spin it with my finger to get it going again. And that only works sometimes.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, can you email me your receipt? Tunze at sbcglobal dot net

OP
OP
JMLewis

JMLewis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to leave a follow up post and thank Roger for his awesome customer service.

Turned out to be a bad powerhead and Roger sent me out a new one right away! Installed the new one and works like a charm.

Thanks again Roger, Tunze has a customer for life!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back