75 gal and 60 gal stocking

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been working on setting these tanks up for a while, got all the equipment but ran out of time to work on building the stands. I made a lot of progress with that now and now its time to start thinking about what is going in these tanks.

The 75 is going to be along the wall in my dining room and the 60 is going to be a peninsula built into a breakfast bar. They are both going to be plumbed together into a 40 under the 75 with the plumbing to the 60 hidden under the breakfast bar.

The 75 is gonna have 8 t5s and high flow and the 60 is going to have 6 t5s and medium-high flow.

If you were setting up these tanks what would be your "show stopper" fish species/coral to plan the rest of the stocking list around?

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been working on setting these tanks up for a while, got all the equipment but ran out of time to work on building the stands. I made a lot of progress with that now and now its time to start thinking about what is going in these tanks.

The 75 is going to be along the wall in my dining room and the 60 is going to be a peninsula built into a breakfast bar. They are both going to be plumbed together into a 40 under the 75 with the plumbing to the 60 hidden under the breakfast bar.

The 75 is gonna have 8 t5s and high flow and the 60 is going to have 6 t5s and medium-high flow.

If you were setting up these tanks what would be your "show stopper" fish species/coral to plan the rest of the stocking list around?
For both tanks, I would go with some type of small angelfish. Either a flame bicolor, or coral beauty for me.

OP
OP
R

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got to get those high-end Koi tangs. lol
Had to google that. Well thats certainly a fish alright. Idk if I want to say yuck or I want one. Lol.

I thought about doing a dwarf angel in each tank, and I still might but as of right now Im thinking about aiming to make the two tanks not at all alike.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back