OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that a combination of activated carbon, red sea carbon dosing, poly filter, live rock, lava rock, MARINE PURE, nitrifying bateria, doubling the skimming power with two skimmers....and water changes once a month.....keeps my tank crystal clear and all my level ( nitrate nitrite ammonia) stay at 0ppm.... ph stay at 8.2.... THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S INPUT....

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20160302_000546.jpg

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a unique looking tank ,... Very nice what sand is that?
Two types... both are fine sands one is regular fine sand... the other is fine volcano sand... the guy shipped it to me in big boxes with no company label...if makes cool swirl patterns....that is why I like it..... and thanks

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setup is pretty small compared to others commenting on this thread, but I've always loved having a refugium with macros and filter feeders. I feed heavily and never have issues with excess nutrients.

Plus having a well designed, well executed refugium is like having an entirely new tank to watch. I find mine almost as fun to look at as my display tank.

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My setup is pretty small compared to others commenting on this thread, but I've always loved having a refugium with macros and filter feeders. I feed heavily and never have issues with excess nutrients.

Plus having a well designed, well executed refugium is like having an entirely new tank to watch. I find mine almost as fun to look at as my display tank.

I understand.....what you seem to have is more of a natural way but so is the good bateria and promoting it..

OP
OP
dark waters

dark waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so glad you are having success....and wish your tank continud succes

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back