View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello it's me again

Same as me... "asking update time"
Automatic hrs don't work good.

Have you change GMT manually?
App stop to ask and its was working good.

Screenshot_20231229_155945_AIPAI.jpg

Screenshot_20231229_155957_AIPAI.jpg
Despite setting the timezone initially, every time I power cycle the light, all settings including WiFi, schedule, and time are lost. Additionally, while I'm running version 2.1.1, you're on 2.1.0, suggesting potential issues with the newer version.

Tonyljp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to help anyone who isn't able to configure it. My English is bad, I'm using a translator.
First start from scratch. I'll start by assuming that the connection to the app is already correct. On the first screen, set the UTC( It has to be the right UTC for your region, otherwise it won't work).
Enter to configure it will synchronize the time, now press save device. Turn off the lights with the app open, wait a few seconds, turn it on again and configure it and save it with the name you want, press save device again. Just that. To see if it's working, go to the app to configure it, it shouldn't ask you any more to synchronize the time.

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not exactly what you wanted but here’s my recent findings. Down below I wrote how I programmed it; a common problem for users and the biggest hurdle in my opinion:

Previously I ran Kessils for several years... Until they all magically died at the 2 year mark. I liked the look but they didn’t grow things well. I moved on to Radions which grow things really really well but create more of a T5 look (no shimmer). The A7 comes on around noon and runs into the evening so I get a late evening shimmer as the Radions power down on the AB+ schedule.

I purchased an A+ A7 online for less than alieexpress from “aquarium low cost” to add some accent lighting to my tank. It took about 30 days to arrive. I have another 2 on order and they’re taking a bit longer. The power supply died literally within the first 5 minutes so I upgraded it for now (The seller is sending me a new one).

It’s a Kessil A360x (more or less) and unless you have them side-by-side or have run Kessils you won’t know the difference. The light matrix isn’t as tight as the Kessil as others have stated online. Fortunately this is an easy fix by using one of the two included reflectors (90 degree and 55 degree) to redirect and focus the light. I think I paid $115 for the light and it comes with what Kessil charges $50 for in reflectors. The Kessil 35degree reflector also works on the A7 too to get a super tight beam for a clam or Anemone or to roast marshmallows.

It has a single 1/4-20 screw hole on top for mounting. I purchased a 1/4-20 x 1/2” carriage bolt at Lowe’s and an $11 swivel camera mount from Amazon and it slid easily on an RMS mount between my Radions. It can now be directed and locked in place. That thread size is common for mounts for cameras and things so mounting options are nearly limitless.

You will need the app to program it. The knobs don’t do anything meaningful. The problem? It’s in Chinese. They made an attempt at a US app but it’s broken as they forgot to make the “upload to device” button active. So…you HAVE to use the Chinese app.

How to program ANY OF THESE LIGHTS if you don’t speak Chinese: In the instruction manual is a QR code for the apps. DO NOT choose the one with English writing. Choose the Chinese one. Download it on a tablet. I assume most people own a tablet these days but if no, buy one on Amazon for $50 (You are still at less than 1/2 the cost of the kessil).

Download Google Translate on your phone and select Chinese (simplified) to English. Use the photo/live translate button. Hold your phone over the tablet with the app open. Voila! It converts everything on the tablet into English in real time as you use the app on the tablet. The app is just color sliders and setting intensity points on a timeline, saving your program, then uploading it to the device.
..or learn Chinese. Very useful skillset nowadays.

xunhe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..or learn Chinese. Very useful skillset nowadays.
I'm pretty good at this (but I always ask Google Translate for the English parts lol)My English is not very good.

Last edited:

CristinaNTimothy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since updating to the 2.1.1 mine has been a pain. Everything was going smoothly with previous version now it just keeps saying “reading” wile the circle keeps spinning in the center of the screen. My utc is correct and saved but I need to touch the clock and update then I can get rid of the reading part wile in lamp screen. Even After saving I got to do it again every time I go into the lamp screen despite saving when done.

The funny part is it is keeping schedule as I have set it but every time I go in I have to hit the clock for it to rectify.

Anyone else have this issue? Even though it’s saved and utc is correct?

CristinaNTimothy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just playing with the app and no problem whatsoever wile in Chinese version but the issue I have is on the English side. Hopefully this gets resolved on the app and if not not a big deal as I’m familiar with it by now and know pretty much how to navigate the app without the need for English.

Nightwatch-Swe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and greetings from Sweden. i have taken a chance at these lights ( the x30 blue with meanwell power) since here i get 8 of these lights for the same cost as 1.5piece of ecotec gen 5 blue, and that is including shipment. If its possible, could you send me your file for setup, the english version is stated to be better but im thinking your guide/troubleshoot can be handy aswell. Thank you in advance.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back