AliExpress A8SE Reef Light

d5332

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out why the programming was not working
The answer is probably already posted somewhere but issue solved by turning off manual intensity knob.

Intensity knob my be off

Mjp83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 3 of the x30 Blues, got them in a week or so. Man, they are nice! Only issue I don’t trust the European plug and adapter they provided. Ended up cutting wire and using a 2 pole, 2 wire flat handle plug, 183BK from my local hardware store. Also, app worked fine on my 2.4hz router. Lots of preset light options, so much easier. You can also link multiple lights. Note the old WiFi SBReeflights in background, great lights but the app is no longer supported on these, I’m ok as I got 7 years out of them. Let’s see how long these Hiphen X30’s will last!!
IMG_6438.jpeg
IMG_6437.jpeg

Slark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty normal growth I’d expect for sps. Tough to guage considering the frags I made. Color improved on all pieces from the original color when purchased. Look at the picachu (grey with yellow) turned to a strong yellow with crazy growth over 2/3 months.
can you show me your light program to get the best growth and colour on a8s light ?

Slark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty normal growth I’d expect for sps. Tough to guage considering the frags I made. Color improved on all pieces from the original color when purchased. Look at the picachu (grey with yellow) turned to a strong yellow with crazy growth over 2/3 months.
awesome picture, im currently using 4 a8s for a 180 cm long tank, and the distance from the light to the bottom is about 90 cm, my sps are most at middle of the tank high, can you show me your light program to get such colour and growth like that ?

SoggyNW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at using an a8se for a 40 breeder frag tank. If I'm only going to use the center 2 feet of tank will one of these be enough?

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at using an a8se for a 40 breeder frag tank. If I'm only going to use the center 2 feet of tank will one of these be enough?
Mounted high enough, it should work. I believe these have a 24x24 inch coverage area if the mimic the XR30

CristinaNTimothy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was hoping someone could help me out with the x30 blues. I’ve been on this now for 2 days so I thought I’d reach out here.

I’m trying to get these lights to work through the app. I set them up, every time I go in I have to allow the app to change the time, not sure if this is an issue. I don’t get a blinking light on the pendant and the red light is on next to every one of my pendants on the app. It says it’s linked once I put internet info in but I have to do it one at a time. The green has come on but briefly I saw and when it was on I checked the magnify glass and the verification info was inputted automatically then goes red and nothing there and when I click verify it says verification failed.

Hopefully someone can assist I’d appreciate it.

Thank you kindly.

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's when this message no longer appears that I know everything is OK.

I just had to change the time, because of the “seasonal time change”.
- I opened the app
-popup hrs > click ok
-go to profile >change utc
- go choose a light schedule > save.

it was settled.
Hope it help.

PS: Im on A8's (but should be the same app "AIPAI") and i don't need to run Chinese version.

Last edited:

CristinaNTimothy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok great thanks kindly, I seemed to have fixed the time prompting issues and now I still have the red light nest to each fixture not green. Also whenever I want to go into a said fixture weather it be the fist 2nd or so on I have to go to Wi-Fi settings and specifically look for the said device and connect that specific device to the Wi-Fi bearing its name and number then it will let me into the lamp fixture to tinker with it. Is that normal?

I just can’t figure this out.

At this point I’m wondering if it’s a weak internet connection possibly due to the fact I have seen the green light rarely come on but go away shortly after. Dang I’m stressed. Lol.

Last edited:

CristinaNTimothy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't help i only got one.
Did you ask the seller ?
I guess you did help tremendously, so I followed your instructions in regards to the time zone and set it as I did before and just put my phone down and right at 7 where I temporarily set the time for bang they all came on. Light is still red but app is working.

Thanks very much I appreciate your help.

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m asking because I saw a video of Reef Builders posted about two weeks ago where they mention XR15’s Chinese version over a tank but I can’t find a link for buying. I imagine is a sister light of the A8se but can’t find a link.

IMG_5074.png

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a brief check on aliexpress and alibaba and can’t find them but I’m sure they’re out there somewhere

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back