AliExpress A8SE Reef Light

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The downside to the regular product is that you can't save multiple lighting settings? Also, is it possible to adjust the brightness of the light while maintaining the proportions? I'm curious about detailed reviews before purchasing the x30 Blue and a8se.

I mean, doing the math (channel proportions) seems a small price to pay for getting a Radion-ish light for 1/4 the price of a real Radion.

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, doing the math (channel proportions) seems a small price to pay for getting a Radion-ish light for 1/4 the price of a real Radion.
Have you see end page 14...
I think that the color proportion are working.
(Or maybe i don't understand)

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the case of the A8se, you can purchase the bulb alone for $168 if you apply a coupon from AliExpress. I am considering purchasing it for $180 including the X bracket.

However, due to an additional 20% import tariff imposed in Korea(180$->total about 213$),

I'm seriously considering buying the full set of K7 pro v3 for $148 without tax.

Because the final cost will vary by about $60. haha.

I think the A8se would be more interesting because I want to try out relatively unknown lights.

= The options are as follows. =

1. A8se $180 (including X bracket, lights only $168)

2. X30 Blue: $215
- In A8se, 6 green emitters have been changed to blue.
-Meanwell adapter provided

3. A8S $273
- Use of LED emitters from CREE (unofficially provided as an X bracket service)

4. K7 PRO v3: $148 (includes bracket and stand)

Last edited:

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you see end page 14...
I think that the color proportion are working.
(Or maybe i don't understand)
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Looking at the settings capture screen graph you posted, it seems that all channels have increased uniformly by about 75%!!

Anyway, you can adjust the brightness of the lights while maintaining the proportions. good

Can I ask you a few more questions? I want your simple answer.

1. How is the pen noise?

2. Has the problem of Chinese being displayed in pop-up windows, etc., improved significantly even though it is in English mode, which was mentioned a lot at the beginning of the article?

3. I think I saw somewhere in the thread that the number of channels that can be adjusted is different in Chinese mode and English mode. really?

4. Are there any additional inconveniences?

I'm looking for a lot of information to replace my old Hydra 26 light^^

Last edited:

Patx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order 23 nov, using it since 7 dec.

1. Pen ? Lamp fan etc... Quiet...

2. It Bug the first time... then i play whit the app... not sure what I've done... probably setting the good utc time... working great since.
English or Chinese no problem.

3. Nope i see 6 chanel in both languages
1000001571.jpg

4. No, really satisfied.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we know if these can be mounted at an angle? Given the new dropped cost, I’m strongly considering buying for a frag tank but doing 3 in a mounting position like this if they can be mounted at an angle

Left light /
Middle —
Right \

Carlosmc151

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you guys hang them? If so, was it easy to adjust the height after installation with the hanging kit?

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order 23 nov, using it since 7 dec.

1. Pen ? Lamp fan etc... Quiet...

2. It Bug the first time... then i play whit the app... not sure what I've done... probably setting the good utc time... working great since.
English or Chinese no problem.

3. Nope i see 6 chanel in both languages
1000001571.jpg

4. No, really satisfied.
Thank you for answer!!
I purchased the blue version.

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought around 600 gallons of aquariums from them. And a 10 pack of the A8ses. We’ll see how it goes.
Wow so compared to the name brand versions you saved, hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I hope it works out great for you! I'm looking forward to updates

amarck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow so compared to the name brand versions you saved, hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I hope it works out great for you! I'm looking forward to updates
After shipping + Tax
Approx $10,000 vs Approx $23,000

You lose warranty but at that price I can buy a replacement of each.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have the "pro" version? From what Ive gathered, they use the G6 layout, and 8 channel instead of 6. Not sure if its worth the ~100 extra

Also, how many would you suggest to go over a 4ft 100gal tank? I currently have 3 Noop V2 over the tank for several years and its been great but looking to upgrade. Would 2 be enough or would the center of the tank be too dark?

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have the "pro" version? From what Ive gathered, they use the G6 layout, and 8 channel instead of 6. Not sure if its worth the ~100 extra

Also, how many would you suggest to go over a 4ft 100gal tank? I currently have 3 Noop V2 over the tank for several years and its been great but looking to upgrade. Would 2 be enough or would the center of the tank be too dark?
I think I saw a video about g5 placement on the BRS YouTube channel. The irradiation angle may be different from A8, but the form factor is similar, so you can use it for reference.

amarck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per that video it sounds like 3 mounted 90 degrees from the standard orientation would be ideal if its going to be an sps heavy tank. You could do 2 if you went for the standard orientation and you weren’t as worried about coverage.

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per that video it sounds like 3 mounted 90 degrees from the standard orientation would be ideal if its going to be an sps heavy tank. You could do 2 if you went for the standard orientation and you weren’t as worried about coverage.
They also had to throttle the intensity back to 25% to get around 100-150 par at 12" and 18" of depth for LPS and running at 40% when running 3 lights to get around 200-300 par for SPS. So maybe if Im running these lights at a high power I might be able to get away with running 2.

But then again, the Radions have the HEI optics and I have no idea what lens they have on the A8 (if any) might not mean anything at the end...just have to borrow a par meter and start probing.

Nawachus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is my 6 month review.

Ich habe das Licht seit Januar dieses Jahres an meinem SPS-Tank (6 Monate alt) laufen lassen. Ich habe es für 250 US-Dollar gekauft, das mit einem nordamerikanischen Netzteil geliefert wurde. Es ist so nah an einem Radion, wie Sie es jemals sehen werden. Die Lüfter sind die gleichen, die Objektivabdeckung ist die gleiche, das Gehäuse ist nahezu identisch, wobei der Hauptunterschied darin besteht, dass das Kabel durch die Rückseite dieser Leuchte verläuft. Die Anzahl, Farbe und Art der LEDs ist identisch. Ich habe meine Radion G5s zerlegt, um Komponenten zu vergleichen, und der einzige auffällige Unterschied ist, dass die Radions ein 10-Kanal-System betreiben, das alle Farben der LEDs steuert, während der A8 6 läuft und der Radion Bluetooth-Konnektivität verwendet, während der A8 WLAN verwendet (darauf wird noch näher eingegangen).

Ich habe derzeit das Licht neben zwei g5 XR30 Blautönen laufen lassen und 95% der Leute wären nicht in der Lage, den Unterschied zu erkennen. Die Farbe vermischt sich perfekt und der Par ist tatsächlich etwas höher als der der Radionen. Der A8 hat insgesamt eine wärmere Farbe und ähnelt eher der Pro-Version des Radion, aber mit geringfügigen Farbanpassungen können Sie den "Radion Blue"-Look mit sehr ähnlichen Par-Ergebnissen erzielen. Mit der vollen Intensität des Lichts drückte ich weit über 800 Par in den oberen Teilen des Tanks. Ich habe es derzeit auf etwa 75% blaue Kanäle und 20-30% Weiß und Rot eingestellt und erreiche 600+ Par auf den oberen 6" und 150-250 auf den unteren 24" unten.

Bei der ersten Einrichtung hatte ich anfangs Schwierigkeiten mit der Programmierung des Lichts, da es auf Chinesisch ist und die englische App zu diesem Zeitpunkt nicht funktionierte. Mit Hilfe von Google Translate und einigem Hin und Her mit dem Lieferanten gelang es mir, die chinesische App zum Laufen zu bringen, während sie Verbesserungen an der englischen App vornahmen (die jetzt voll funktionsfähig ist). Nach der Einrichtung habe ich mir die Zeit genommen, eine Anleitung für die Leuchte zu erstellen, die ich dem Lieferanten zur Verfügung gestellt habe, mit Illustrationen, wie man die chinesische App programmiert, wenn man nur Englisch kann. Zögern Sie nicht, sich an mich zu wenden, und ich werde das Dokument zur Verfügung stellen.

Was die Verbindung angeht. Ich habe festgestellt, dass es zuverlässiger ist als die Radions Mobius. Ich bin viele Male nach Hause gekommen und habe festgestellt, dass meine Radions außerhalb des Zeitplans lagen, die Zeiten änderten und nur rote/grüne/einzelne Kanäle liefen. In all der Zeit, die ich mit dem A8 verbracht habe, habe ich nur zweimal die Verbindung verloren. Beim ersten Mal fiel der Strom aus und das Licht lief 1 Stunde hinter dem Zeitplan, bis ich die App öffnete und auf die aktuelle Zeit stellte. Beim anderen Mal muss die Lampe die Verbindung vollständig verloren haben und auf allen Kanälen auf die Standardeinstellung von 5 % zurückgesetzt worden sein, bis ich die Verbindung wiederhergestellt habe.

Wachsen jetzt Korallen? Absolut und seltsamerweise befinden sich alle meine lebendigsten Stücke unter dem A8.

Ich war so beeindruckt von dieser Lampe, dass ich meine Radion G5 zum Verkauf angeboten habe. Ich dachte mir, für den Preis, für den ich meine G5s verkaufe, kann ich etwa 10 dieser Lampen kaufen, da sie einen Rabatt auf 10 Einheiten geben. In jeder Hinsicht sehe ich das als Gewinn.
Hallo

Können Sie mir bitte die Anweisungen senden, ich bin verzweifelt mit der App, ich bekomme die Zeit einfach nicht eingestellt und die Uhr läuft weiter und ich kann die Lampe nicht mit dem WLAN verbinden, können Sie helfen?

Translation:
Hello

Can you please send me the instructions, I'm desperate with the app, I just can't get the time set and the clock keeps running and I can't connect the lamp to the WiFi, can you help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back