AliExpress A8SE Reef Light

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I see a lot of people have tried out these "Radions" but has anyone here ordered a "waterbox"?

I was this > < close to ordering 4 of the Cube 20 AiOs. I had a really cool vision for my home office with an entire wall of identical tanks, each setup for something different (LPS, SPS, anemones, softies). Unfortunately, my wife's vision did NOT align with mine. :D

wmv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was this > < close to ordering 4 of the Cube 20 AiOs. I had a really cool vision for my home office with an entire wall of identical tanks, each setup for something different (LPS, SPS, anemones, softies). Unfortunately, my wife's vision did NOT align with mine. :D
I too have had that vision... lol, but I'd love to get one of the larger tanks at a steep discount from the actual waterbox brand. But even with that steep discount I feel like its too risky to order without at least one review. After all it would still be a 1000$+ purchase for a tank that I don't know if it'll even show up, or hold water...

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bwhahaha...funny how that is...:)

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have had that vision... lol, but I'd love to get one of the larger tanks at a steep discount from the actual waterbox brand. But even with that steep discount I feel like its too risky to order without at least one review. After all it would still be a 1000$+ purchase for a tank that I don't know if it'll even show up, or hold water...
Yeah I understand lot of cash but pay with a credit card that provides some kind of warranty and if it doesnt work out I would go to them to reverse the charges if they did not take it back etc...I have read several postings saying its coming from the same factory, maybe it is and maybe its not but I will say Red Sea has had lots of issue with tanks so in the end does it matter, I dunno..to some it will and to some it won't. I sometimes think we are biased about name brand stuff, the quality control may be better but all we are talking about it proper application of silicone, my guess if it makes it in one piece it prolly would be fine, but I am more of a gambler and a cheapskate, lol...Prolly to big to set it up in the garage and see if it leaks but again some of the name brands have had issues also...

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My update is the vendor sent me a label to ship the light back to them, I hated to do it since the light really looks nice but it would not hold its settings after a power cycle and tried everything to get it to work...

luiz270401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AIPAI app users HELP!!!

I can connect to the light in my WiFi settings

I can open the app and click yes to direct connect and go into light setting.

I can see my router in the WiFi connection list.

I can put in my password but it will not link with my router. Have reset router and light. Deleted app and reinstalled. Restarted iPhone.

I have also tried on my android tablet and can only get to the same point where it won’t connect to router.
Did you solve the problem?

luiz270401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an A8s and I'm having difficulty understanding how the app works. Could anyone who has already configured an A8s, A8se or A7 help me?

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - I added a 2.4ghz access point and connected right away. I went that route since I did not want to screw up all my other 2.4 connections changing settings on the router.

I also solved my other issue with programming by unlinking the lights. Each light is programmed individually and functioning properly. I was having issues with them remembering time and programming while linked.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I bought an A8s and I'm having difficulty understanding how the app works. Could anyone who has already configured an A8s, A8se or A7 help me?
No one can help if you don’t post what you are struggling with. Connect to the lights wifi/direct link. Link to your internet with password. Click the buttons in the top right, click magnifying glass and make sure all info for light is filled out/verified. That’s it. Should be able to select the light and design schedule from there

maddox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have got mine 2 pcs of xr 30 blue version, quality looks really nice, yesterday connected them instead mine hydra 32 , now two a8se and two hydras 64, colors A8se really nice, like more than AI, also AI have more disco ball effect these almost non. App was difficult but later all ok haven’t tried to disconnect power yet. Just didnt link them. Use preset in chinese language while in english it diddnt worked. Time everything ok. Now will rent PAR meter to measure its power. Added some pictures. What schedule use others?

Attachments

• IMG_1502.png
    IMG_1502.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1501.png
    IMG_1501.png
    161 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1485.jpeg
    IMG_1485.jpeg
    143.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1473.jpeg
    IMG_1473.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1460.jpeg
    IMG_1460.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 145

rnegrette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought around 600 gallons of aquariums from them. And a 10 pack of the A8ses. We’ll see how it goes.
Keep us posted!

On the light end of things, I'm thinking about ordering an A7 this weekend. If all goes well, I'll likely be ordering 3 A8s within six weeks or so. If anyone has any experience with skimmers from these AliExpress sellers, please let me know.

amarck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us posted!

On the light end of things, I'm thinking about ordering an A7 this weekend. If all goes well, I'll likely be ordering 3 A8s within six weeks or so. If anyone has any experience with skimmers from these AliExpress sellers, please let me know.
Will do!
Also bought a skimmer, asking them about their A7s and the difference between the A7 and A7 II.

JONEUO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The downside to the regular product is that you can't save multiple lighting settings? Also, is it possible to adjust the brightness of the light while maintaining the proportions? I'm curious about detailed reviews before purchasing the x30 Blue and a8se.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disregard…wrong thread

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back