Anemone & clown fish problems

Peppz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

We have a little pickle and don't know what to do.
All started this morning when my female clown tried to kill herself and went for a leap, thankfully we caught her just in time and we were able to save her with a little fish CPR. We now have steel mesh over the top of the tank but until we were able to install it we had a temporary mesh cover which ment we needed to remove our coral light as its mounted on the frame.

Mr. Green anemone wasn't happy about not receiving his light so he started to release his feet to move which we know is normal. I got the light back on asap with him still hanging on partially to his favourite rock and thought I would leave him to decide if he wanted to move or not.

Also did a minor water and filter change after our clown tried to kill herself because I read a couple threads saying the water might have a problem

I left the room because he looked fine and came back to find him in the back of my drift fan (I read it should be covered but I didn't know) I turned it off and he looks OK with minimal damage. I have posted photos and need a opinion from people with more experience as his my first and im worried. His mouth and feet look fine to me

20221212_223208.jpg 20221212_222853.jpg 20221212_222938.jpg

UltraKelius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above really, just need to keep a bit of an eye on it. If you don’t have a nem guard, an old pair of thin tights over powerheads will do for short term so you can keep the flow going.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back