Have you lost an anemone to a power head / wave maker / crossflow?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
elbow? Heh, mine used to go for the meat on the bottom part of the palm on my hand, every time. I re-homed those two, and picked up some Mocha Storms (but was shipped Orange Storms) about 6 months ago, they have yet to interact with any of my nems >.<
Evil evil fish! And I know they are gonna do it. But does that stop me from jumping! Nope.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this talk about nems and power heads I think one of mine was like “oooh taking a walk sounds fun!” And ended up at the top corner front of the tank- on the side of the cross flow that I DID NOT put a guard on… (why you ask? Because why not! - no seriously it was cramping the flow in the tank)….

Nems do whatever nems wanna do and there ain’t nothing you can do about it!!!!
IMG_5958.jpeg

Great thing about nems and glass and corners …I was able to work him off the glass and put him in a spot that he hopefully will like…silly split left all the smarts in the other half.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do yours bite your elbow?
They said get clowns it’ll be fun! LIES!
Even though they clearly claimed the side of the tank with the nems those two (my little guy doesn’t attack me) will swim all the way to the other side just to bite me.

Guy at the LFS said usually clowns stick to like a 2 ft area…. Yeah sure….maybe non psycho clowns which obviously they ran out of when I got mine.
These guys dont, never once seen them more than 6-8” from there nem. Have had of same species which would chase and bite as you say, anywhere my hand was.

And I have an annoying hawkfish that bites well. Also attacks chop sticks.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys dont, never once seen them more than 6-8” from there nem. Have had of same species which would chase and bite as you say, anywhere my hand was.

Oh my clowns attack anything EXCEPT the a net which I use for defensive purposes. Just putting it in the tank and they run scared! Lol

Last edited:

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My flamehawk doesn't bite me, but he's a tank bully... Every new fish I want to add I have to capture him first, toss him in the sump, and then let the other fish acclimate for 2-3 weeks before I can put him back into the display. It's super annoying... I love how he looks, but if there was ever a fish I regretted getting more, I can't remember it :-D LOL

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flamehawk doesn't bite me, but he's a tank bully... Every new fish I want to add I have to capture him first, toss him in the sump, and then let the other fish acclimate for 2-3 weeks before I can put him back into the display. It's super annoying... I love how he looks, but if there was ever a fish I regretted getting more, I can't remember it :-D LOL
I made the mistake of putting him in with two shrimps.
Hit them so hard knocked them into pieces. Then everyone had lunch.
Didn’t even think.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back